HONDA LINK APP BROKEN

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by CLARITEA, Apr 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Anyone else updated their app with their battery level and charge capability disappearing? If so, how did you fix it? Screenshot_20190413-233608_HondaLink.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

I did have that happen, I just deleted the app and reinstalled.... you will need to have the VIN number again and go through the setup but that was easy and it workded again.

4. Chuck

Chuck Member

Mine is still working normally but I am using an iPhone, could be a difference I suppose. I updated it about 2 weeks ago.

5. descolado

descolado Member

Not broken for Android...try restarting the app (force close the actual process and re-launch) while your car is in a decent signal area and the battery status should update.

My only gripe with the update is even if the car is plugged into a L2 charger the app no longer allows me to start the precondition unless the battery level is approximately > 15%. Very annoying, because the key fob lets you start precondition so long as the L2 charger is connected and electrons are flowing.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Most people on this forum have the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. You have the Clarity Electric. Perhaps the problem is unique to the app for your Clarity. If reinstalling the app doesn't work, you should contact HondaLink support.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thanks guys, I reinstalled, closed app, rebooted my Honda Head console but it still did not work. Called Honda and they said that this is a bug, would have to wait until the next update to be fixed...is there another way to charge on demand? I have it on schedule charge right now.

9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I believe the manual on p 463 says you can override the scheduled time of charge by using the key fob. Just hold down the charging door release button. Then you should get the green charging light on the charging port when you plug in.

10. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Good Lord. Do you have to whistle Dixie and scratch your nose at the same time for this to work?

This car has more obscure button-push-combinations and little hidden options than I've ever seen. I am sure I will never even discover them all, much less remember them. That's why I have the Owner's Manual available on my phone.

For example, I just discovered that if you push <unlock> on the key fob and then push it again and hold it, the windows roll down. Maybe I was the only person on earth that didn't know that. It also works on my CRV, although it left something "on" and ran the battery down overnight.

4sallypat likes this.
  11. kunz427

kunz427 Member

PHEV here. I'm having the same issue. Re-installed the app but that didnt work.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You can limit how long you press to open all the windows just a crack to let heat escape on a sunny day.

4sallypat likes this.
  14. Well just used the key fob method for it to force charge, totally worked. Thanks guys!

Mowcowbell likes this.