HondaLink App Update

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by vicw, Mar 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

I stopped getting the notification when the car is fully charged. It used to make a noise when I got the notification. Now I have to keep checking the app to see if it is full.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Speaking from the Apple world . . . check your notification settings. If you have not enabled the app to send notifications in Settings (not in the app) you will not receive the notification because the app does not have the privileges to send it. It might be that when you updated it somehow changed the notification setting. I am still receiving the notification as I did before the update.

4. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

I'm not getting the notifications that I used to get either (android S8). I checked the notification settings on the phone and it shows that I'm supposed to still get my jetson's sound and vibration, but I'm not. Also, with the update the odometer is rarely updated. With older version: when I located car, it would most always update everything. I see little advantages to the new version:(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

5. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Yes, they asked for access to my calendar to support that. Nope and nope. A) because I don't trust them with my data and B) very few of my travels are related to appointments.

- cranky old man

6. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

This is why we have options. Options are good. I wish we had more but apparently they tend to confuse the general public so must be limited or your product won't sell.

I think it's a pretty silly option . . . who would use the HondaLink app to navigate? Weird. And in my case, since I use Google calendar and they don't support Google calendar, it doesn't function anyway. But really, listen to me . . . complaining that I have too many options after starting out by wishing for more options.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Yea, I should clarify (ahem). I don't think because I don't find a feature useful/safe that someone else won't think it's great.

9. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

I got the iPhone update a couple of days ago (without asking for it) but I can still see the percentage. Weird.

10. RogerB

RogerB Active Member

I charge with L1 and mine has been more finicky since the update (Android). It won't turn on PC if the car is still charging. I have had consistent success stopping the charge, starting PC, and then restarting the charge. Sometimes it will even resume charging by itself.

11. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Help!!
    Does anybody know how to get the odometer to update?
    After just over a year of flawless Honda Link, it no longer updates the odometer (2 weeks and counting). I’ve tried everything including find my car to no avail. Grrrrr!!!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Delete the app and download it again from the App Store? I haven't had trouble with my odometer, but that worked last night when mysteriously the app on my iPhone stopped reporting battery charge and couldn't locate my car, but the app on my iPad could do both just fine.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  14. KentuckyKen

Thanks. I just deleted and reinstalled and it still won’t update the odometer. Everything else works but not the odometer. Sigh.

15. ClarityMTL

ClarityMTL New Member

When my HondaLink app was not able to connect to my car at all (because of a problem with the serial numbers in the database for the 2019 models), I noticed that the odometer was the one thing that would update, leading me to believe that this information is updated via Bluetooth and not over the data connection like SOC, etc. Have you recently connected to the car's bluetooth? Maybe a repairing is in order... ?

Walt R, KentuckyKen and JJim like this.
  16. lanb

lanb Active Member

Same on the android app - odometer not updating at all and also no more notifications about full charge :(

Why did they have to break a decently working app with an "upgrade" which they won't even let users opt out of.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  17. KentuckyKen

Thanks for trying to help me. I appreciate it. I tried deleting my iPhone from that list and reinstalling. Also tried setting up HL on my WiFi. I now get weather on the Nav screen.
    The iPhone was playing music by Bluetooth before and is now and Car Play works when usb is connected.
    But still no odometer update.
    Argggg!!!
    I hate computers!!!
    It was working fine before all the HL updates. I give up, Honda has whipped me fair and square. I’ll entertain any further ideas up to and including an exorcism.

ClarityMTL likes this.
  18. Richard_arch74

At least Houdini is working as well as you could hope for. Better to have a glitchy app than car ;)

KentuckyKen likes this.
  19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I gave up on the HL odometer updating itself before the update. It's only 18 miles behind right now, which is somewhat better than before the update, but not good enough.

20. cafr11901

cafr11901 New Member

So, I have lots of the issues as above, but some are a little different:
    • I cannot precondition from the app (it's still winter here)
    • I cannot change the schedule (hope my job doesn't change)
    • I cannot locate my car
    • I cannot see the battery state (plugged in or charge level)
    • I can schedule service and see my odometer
    If anyone has a workaround, that would be great. No response from tech support and I have done all the standard trouble shooting steps on the phone.

21. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

No issues with new update.

Do you have all SB's installed in the car? Screenshot_20190411-211723_HondaLink.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

22. Richard_arch74

You can file a case with in-car tech support. When calling them you will have to wait 20-30 minutes to get a human (at least they're pleasant) on the phone. This person just relays your issues to the software people. The person you give your issues to will tell you that they will get back to you in three days, but it will take longer than that. If they don't call you back in 5 days: call them back (have your case number handy).

To give you an idea how messed up they are:
    I had an issue on the previous update that my app wouldn't update anything, couldn't remote charge, couldn't precondition, etc. after 7 days of inactivity of the car. After talking to them 4 times, they never did figure out why it wasn't working until I gave them the idea that maybe the telemetry between the app and the car doesn't work because if it did the 12v battery would lose its charge. When the engineer got back to me they said "yeah, the telemetry shuts its self off after 7 days of inactivity." Gee, thanks.

Maybe, just maybe, if we all filed cases with all of our problems they might figure it out that they don't know what the hell they are doing.

End of rant.

23. mhb

mhb New Member

My odometer is regularly updating on iOS 12.1.4 (and 12.2 as of Thurs). Doesn't seem to require bluetooth since I always drive with the USB connection and no bluetooth. Maybe using USB and no bluetooth for entire drive makes a difference? Also, this is with a base model - so maybe the navigation feature on touring has some impact?

KentuckyKen likes this.