Lowering backseat damaged seatbelt

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Geor99, Mar 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Last week, I lowered my backseat to load in a long box. Somehow it managed to make a 3/8" long cut thru my seatbelt.

My theory is that when I put my seats back up, the seatbelt got lodged and got cut?

I attached a pic. Anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm sure that a new seatbelt will be expensive.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Sounds like an appropriate usage for duct tape?

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Try asking your dealer to make it a warranty claim or run it up the flag pole to Honda Corporate. Perhaps Honda will be risk adverse and be willing to cover all or part of the cost since it is safety (seatbelt) related. Who knows, you might get lucky and it doesn’t cost anything to ask.

AlanSqB and LegoZ like this.
  6. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

I'm really perplexed how it happened.

I'm too busy (& lazy) to go to the dealer until I have another reason to go in.

I was mainly curious if anyone else has had this happen. I guess that it was just one of those random unexplainable things.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

There's a thread on FB about a (fully) broken seatbelt, also at the back. The rat did it.

Pegsie likes this.
  9. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

The rat? I have cat footprints on my car every single morning from the cats in my neighborhood.

Hopefully, they keep the rat population down.

10. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

11. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning. When I put the seat down, I will be very careful when returning it to the upright position. I wonder what is so sharp.

12. To remove this ad click here.