2019 Honda Clarity - Price Drop?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by evsbatman, Mar 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JCA

JCA Active Member

Did you have an actual "Costco pricing" quote at the 2.2K + 6K off? I have a quote from a central valley dealer for $26498, which is $1822 + $6K off. Now I'm wondering if the Costco pricing varies by market, if there are hidden "dealer accessories" added to the invoice, or something else is up that I need to be wary of and negotiate more.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. evsbatman

evsbatman New Member

Looks like it is sold out in Oregon and most places dealers here aren't expecting anymore 2019 for awhile.

4. gr0k

gr0k New Member

Where did you get this information? I'm in Portland and have just started emailing dealerships. If this is true, does that mean the $6k dealer cash is gone?

5. evsbatman

evsbatman New Member

Dealer cash is still there. The only dealer with 2019 clarity left is Hillsboro Honda and the one in Oregon city. I think when I posted this Beaverton had 2 2019 and Salem had 1.

6. DanGest

DanGest Member

Did not have Costco pricing in hand, but did have an email from Costco for contacts at the other dealer to setup an appointment

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Roy2001

Roy2001 Member

A dealer nearby offers $26k for base, cannot decide...

9. oddhack

oddhack Member

Be cautious contacting Primo Honda. I sent a simple quote request and the result was getting contacted by 6 different salespeople several times/week each for weeks on end. They mostly would not stop when I asked the too, as well. Extremely annoying dealership.

10. oddhack

oddhack Member

Agree on the price first and only then discuss the financing. It's advantageous to pay cash unless you can get a higher interest rate on the cash than the finance charges.

11. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Costco pricing is done at the dealership level, they chose only a few dealerships in any region, and they are work with selected staff in the dealership. It is not a negotiation with manufacture directly, though the manufacturer could be involved in some issues or discounts. Also manufacturer discounts vary by market hence Costco pricing will reflect that also. Hence there will be a market variation in Costco prices from one market to another, as each market is different. It is not an universal price across the country.

https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-car-buying-program-vs-buying-at-a-dealership-2018-3#3-your-choice-of-dealerships-and-salespeople-is-limited-3

....He said Costco picks dealerships based on prices, customer satisfaction index scores, and reputations on social media. Authorized salespeople are also evaluated based on their customer satisfaction scores and must work at their dealership for at least six months before they are eligible to work with the program.

Borg said Costco takes a holistic approach when negotiating prices with participating dealerships, looking at national and local prices for a model as well as what customers can find through other discount programs.

And since it has a large membership base it can funnel to selected dealers, it has more leverage than any individual shopper.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DanGest

DanGest Member

This is somewhat true (I was contacted by 2 separate reps by email twice a week), but anytime I contact any dealer/or other website that has incentive to sell me something I use a junk email account, don't give my real phone number/address. The advantage is that I was able to fully negotiate the price before going to the dealer

14. JCA

JCA Active Member

Thanks, that's good info; helps explain some of the different quotes I've seen.

15. kg350

kg350 New Member

Is honda getting rid of the 2019? Some mentioned that there wont be any clarity's left even 2019 MY.

16. evsbatman

evsbatman New Member

No, Honda is getting some kind of tax break. They're simply passing on the savings.

17. Roy2001

Roy2001 Member

Looks like. I think Model 3 is the big factor.