It's ba-ack

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tim66, Mar 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

A while ago I posted a problem with my HV range (Clarity Touring). It was stuck on 315 miles. After some useful suggestions posted here I disconnected the 12 V battery and reconnected it and the problem went away. But the HV range is again stuck on 315 miles. It has been that way for the last three days. Rather than DIY the problem I'm taking it in to the dealer next week. Another problem that has come up is that when I'm in EV mode and I floor the pedal the ICE comes on as it should. But it will not turn off, no matter what Mode I select, until I turn the car off and restart. Anyone else experience this behavior?

Tim

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Stop doing that. It'll turn itself off once it warms up. That takes 10 minutes or so.

4. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

It's payback for over acceleration when you are pretending to be driving ECONomically . It's telling you, "if you want to drive like a sport, put it in SPORT mode."

I did once tear up a 9% grade in ECON (not even going past the detent) and it paid me back by turning on the ICE after I was on the flat and sitting at a red light. The car holds grudges.

Tim66 likes this.
  5. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

Not even after 1/2 hour of freeway driving but glad it works for you.

6. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

After warmup, I don't think it will turn off till the battery gets back up to 'target charge'. The car goes into an HV mode, and on freeway driving, the ICE does not shut off much. You might try manually switching in and out of HV mode. This will reset the target charge to a lower level.

After getting into HV mode with a warm engine, the charge will have to increase slightly to shut off the engine. Switching out of manual HV mode should shut off the engine.

Tim66 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

Bill, this is what I tried yesterday. Drove 29 or so miles on the freeway (rush hour). Accelerated past the detent. ICE started. Drove another 15 miles and ICE remained on. Tried pushing Econ and Sport Mode and turning on and off HV mode. ICE remained on. Pulled into a parking lot shut off the car while in EV Mode and restarted. Car was in EV Mode and no ICE. I'll report back what the service dept. says.

Tim

BTW even with the ICE on for 40 plus miles the HV range stayed at 315 miles.