Saw a Clarity at...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Dante, Mar 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I have owned mine for one day and have already seen another one, but I’m in Portland. By the way, on the way home from taking delivery, I stopped at a popular nursery and saw a total of 11 EV and PHEVs in the parking lot. But mine was the only Clarity....

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Monir

Monir New Member

I live in NJ and have a white clarity, i get excited when I see a fellow NJer with a Clarity as it is a rare sight. I saw a black Clarity in Summit and was attempted to follow it just to say hi, but that would just be to weird, lol.

4. You should have chased him down, like Larry David did in Curb Your Enthusiasm when a fellow Prius owner didn’t wave back!

5. Not at all! My last car was a MiniCooper Clubman (nightfire red). Other Clubman owners used to wave at me all the time. That’s one thing I thought I would miss driving Miss Clara T, but maybe not. If I see you driving around in your Honda Clarity, I will say hi. ;-)

6. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I live in Kenilworth, NJ and have a black Clarity. Last month I saw a fellow black Clarity in Kenilworth and a silver one in Union. I have not seen one since. I got my Clarity on January 30th. So the Black Clarity you saw in Summit might have been either mine or the one I saw in Kenilworth.

After May 11th I will be using my Clarity more (my 2016 CRV lease is over, love that little SUV). Anyway I do drive through Summit often. I will flash my lights to any fellow Clarity drivers. Feel free to flag me down.

I know of several 2018 and a few 2019 Clarity cars on dealer lots in and around NJ if anyone is looking for one or more. They are a really good deal and great car. I just do not understand why they are not all sold. You would think there would be a waiting list for a Clarity.

Monir and Sloanhoo like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Here in Eugene, Oregon the Clarity is rare but I've seen 4-5 driving around town. One other person at my work has one. Mine is green. His is white. I've seen black, silver and blue occasionally around town. So not super-rare in my howe town.

Sloanhoo likes this.
  9. The Gadgeteer

Maybe we should have a Clarity owners get together. Like people do with other special cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

laptop and Monir like this.
  10. Monir

Monir New Member

Oh wow you are just a few miles from me, I am in Union county. I got mine from Planet Honda in Jan 2018. They had no clue about the car so while they were selling a car, I had to educate them on the engineering part of it, lol. Their minds were blown. But I think they were more excited to sell the first Clarity to me.

The Gadgeteer likes this.
  11. Totally. We can all drive sensibly, our grandchildren in the back seat plugged into their devices, to the moderately-priced restaurant with the early-bird specials, where we will boast of our overall range and fuel economy and what percentage of the time our cars give us all green leaf ratings. We spend the rest of the day hanging out at the public charging stations and probably visiting the local nursery.... Just a guess.

AlanSqB, The Gadgeteer and MPower like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Thevenin

Thevenin Member

Maybe I'm the only young person here, but I can't meet you all at the nursery. I have to kill the... (checks schedule) napkin industry at 11.

Anyway, I think the Clarity is catching on. Down here in mid-Missouri, I've gone from seeing zero Clarities to two in as many months. For a rural state, we see an awful lot of Teslas, but it's nice to see a bit of diversity in the (PH)EV ecosystem.

MPower likes this.
  14. Jp1969

Jp1969 New Member

Have had mine for a month and have not seen one in the wild in AZ Phoenix metro... Was in So Cal for a few days over last weekend and actually saw one behind me while getting off the freeway.... I wasn't driving mine though...

15. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

I think you are. (I did think so until I saw a post by SamXon. He makes you seem downright antediluvian.)

The Clarity is my first big car after a lifetime of dinkymobiles, and every time I drive it I keep thinking of the old car commercial (from before you were born or at least paying attention to cars) "this is not your father's Oldsmobile".

???????

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    sniwallof likes this.
  16. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

That's so funny, I was thinking about recently passing someone with Clarity in eco mode (eco has its advantages, but not for passing), and that was my first thought - Oldsmobile / Buick mode. One tap of the sport button does the trick, but I keep forgetting to push it.

Come to think of it, there are so many "active" ways to drive this car (not necessary, but for those who like to play), it is almost like a new style of "manual transmission".

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  17. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

From a distance I keep thinking I'm seeing a Clarity up ahead of me. It always turns out to ba a civic.

laptop, Walt R and MPower like this.
  18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Unfortunately, the rear end of the Clarity does closely follow the design of the previous-generation Civic. Fortunately, the front end of the Clarity, with its "hockey-stick" DRLs, is very distinctive and easy to identify in traffic.

Walt R likes this.
  19. The Gadgeteer

I shopped them and every Honda dealer in the area. I ended up getting mine near work at Madison Honda. Small dealership it knowledgeable. FYI Open Road Honda had several in January.

20. The Gadgeteer

Saw a grey Clarity in Garwood, NJ and briefly talked to the owner while we were both stopped at a light. She loves it. It could be the same grey Clarity I saw in nearby Union, NJ in February. She says she has not seen any other Clarities.

21. The Gadgeteer

Saw a burgundy colored Clarity on i287 in northern New Jersey yesterday around 6 PM. Based on the available Clarity colors perhaps it was Crimson Pearl.

22. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one in months in my area. I think I have the silver unicorn! :)

23. After 5 months of judicious searching, we finally spotted the elusive Clarity in the wild:

[​IMG]

Yesterday, around 7P on I-75 northbound coming out of Atlanta.

It was not polka-dotted - that was a reflection of Karen's slacks!

Robert_Alabama and Mowcowbell like this.