Surprised at what the trunk of the Clarity can fit...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Linkmodo, Feb 20, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Sold my Concept 2 Rowing machine sitting in my house and needed to deliver it locally. I had quite struggle fitting the rowing machine into my old 14' Accord when I bought it last year, even though the Accord had a larger trunk to rear opening. And I slipped the rowing machine (which breaks down into 2 pieces but still quite large) into my Clarity without any struggle... I think the Clarity had higher trunk clarance than the Accord which made fitting a lot of things much easier than Accord (like 2 road bikes one in trunk and one in rear)

Just want to praise the Clarity here :D (looking at the Volts parked next to me at the charging station, there is no way those cars can fit anything in their short trunk...)

Pegsie and Sandroad like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

I took my golf clubs to the dealership before I bought. The pass through is not great, but it was a must. ClarityTrunk.JPG

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  4. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

Volt and Clarity are really different form factors. I too enjoy the huge Clarity trunk, but the bulkhead between the trunk and back seats, while probably excellent for crash performance, is limiting for wide stuff.

I like Clarity overall better than Volt. That said, I got a relatively huge freezer in the Volt hatchback with the rear seat backs folded down that would never have fit in Clarity. Early on, someone did a webpage comparison Volt and Clarity, with some detail and a number of pictures, I think including a flat screen TV (easily slid into Volt, no go for Clarity, just missed widthwise between the back doors on the passenger floor). I couldn't find it in a quick search, but it's probably still there somewhere.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The big trunk is one of the reasons we bought the Clarity. :)

Tomrl likes this.
  6. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Exactly this.
    The Volt was just too small in every way. The Clarity is perfect for our family of four including road trips with all our stuff.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tomrl

Tomrl Member

In May we're going w/ another couple on a trip to Seattle, I'm looking forward to evaluating the Clarity's performance post trip.