Gas motor out of the blue

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Geor99, Jan 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bfd

bfd Active Member

The car's essentially "on" and you're in park for a considerable amount of time. Perhaps the system is set to automatically do this ICE start based on the amount of time in that condition, but there are probably other variables that'd need to be tested as well. (like time on ACC, time "in drive" - brake on, etc.)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

How long has the gas in your tank been sitting there? Maybe the car keeps track of time since you last put gas in the tank and the ICE kicks on to prevent the gas from getting too old?

4. Walt R

Walt R Active Member

I thought there was some consensus that the car will use the ICE if any cabin heating is needed below -15C (+5F).

5. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Car is just 4 months old and I've cycled a tank through it. It's always been in San Diego and I don't think we've gotten below 50F yet- its definitely never been below freezing.

6. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

First time ICE inadvertently came on for me was a start up On a 3 degree morning.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

I’ve got 2,300 miles on mine and I’m still only half way through the tank of gas the dealership gave me when I bought it.

9. Walt R

Walt R Active Member

My previous post was aimed more at Ray's experience, I think Geor99's instance was something different.