Chrome Grill Delete

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Mar 11, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Messing around with free Adobe Mix and Fix (no skill at photoshop tools) on my phone to see what the Clarity would look like with a temporary front grill Chrome delete (plastidip or vinyl wrap)

Apologies in advance for my amateur work. Just trying to get an idea of the look.

Full blackout
    [​IMG]

Headlight Chrome blackout
    [​IMG]

KentuckyKen and AlanSqB like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

I hate chrome. I have been thinking about a delete but not seriously yet. I may order some vinyl to test it out on my grey model.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Wow! Looks like an improvement to me.

5. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I wondered if they made a black chrome version earlier, but even if they did the price would probably be prohibitive. Don't they offer the Accord with black chrome on the front?

6. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

I wouldn't mind something like the blue metallic grill of the 2013 FCEV Concept myself:
    firefox_2018-03-12_09-21-42.png firefox_2018-03-12_09-22-02.png

LegoZ and 01SB like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I think the chrome strip on the Clarity looks fine, especially on the white. Where the styling looks terrible is on the 2018 Accord. Honda actually makes an dealer installed option where you replace the chrome piece with one where the side portions are black. It's a really expensive (>$1000) cosmetic option but it seems to be popular.

9. I am planning on having the front chrome strip and the small strip on the trunk wrapped in gloss black vinyl. I had the chrome window trim done in mat black and I was very happy. Based on that success I am going to proceed.

Attached Files:

10. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

Where did you get that done and what was the cost. I like it.

11. I had it done at Speedpro Imaging in Ottawa Canada. Plenty of vinyl wrap shops around to pick from - they specialize in signage wraps. It was $250 taxes included. I had quotes as low as $150 but I had more confidence in this shop. They quoted me $150 for the front chrome delete. I am guessing the back will be less than a $100.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MPARADIS

MPARADIS New Member

Please list pics of the front and rear chrome delete if you decide to go for it! Thinking about it myself and would appreciate a reference image before pulling the trigger.

14. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

What's interesting is that Honda has deleted the chrome in the moustache and replaced with gloss black on higher level models in the Civic line up and an upgrade to black chrome for $1,000 CAD on the Accord line up.

Capture.JPG

tdiman likes this.
  15. Kevin Kim

Kevin Kim New Member

Just had mine done by a guy here in Socal. Totally worth it in my opinion. Had mine done for pretty good price after shopping around. Did gloss black all around.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

Dope! Especially the Trunk!!!

cdobbs likes this.
  17. 2020

2020 Member

Here is my journey:

Attached Files:

albert atay and Tomrl like this.
  18. thy_noahs_ark

thy_noahs_ark New Member

@Kevin Kim
    Clean setup. Where in SoCal did you get it done and how much?

Kevin Kim likes this.
  19. Eddgie

Eddgie Active Member

Excellent.

You know what? I would suggest that you take the H badge off of the rear view glass. I have not done mine yet, but I like the way your car came out and I think I am going to do the same thing, but I have been planning to rip the H off first chance I get.

20. Eddgie

Eddgie Active Member

Another option would be to Plasti-Dip spray it. Easy to do, easy to un-do, and cheap to do. Lots of videos on Youtube on how to do it.

I actually don't mind the chrome on the front, but what I really mind is that big Honda emblem in the center that sticks down below the grill line. Looks stupid. Hd they matched the size to the grill, I would be better with it.

If I plasti-dip out the chrome, I will likely plasti-dip out the Honda Emblem too. I just think it is to big. It does look a lot less conspicuous with the chrome blacked out.

21. Are we discussing the front emblem? Isn’t some important stuff that needs a “view” contained therein?

22. Eddgie

Eddgie Active Member

It covers the radar gun and receiver for the ACC, but radar waves will pass though plasti-dip, which has no metal content.

23. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Are you sure? When I drive in the slush on the interstate, I get a hysterical message saying that the crash and other systems won't work any more blah, blah, blah. I have to pullover and wipe off the big "H" on the front with the rag I keep just for that purpose. Then the warning goes away and the sensing systems will work again.

AlanSqB likes this.