Siemens Versicharger on sale today

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Reissc, Dec 5, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. Jimson11

Jimson11 New Member

Might jump on it. Thanks!

3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon New Member

I had this charger for a few weeks and ended up returning it. It does not play well with preconditioning or (presumably) scheduled/delayed charging (through the app/car). It seems to be overly sensitive and occasionally trips a grounding fault if the car initiates charging.

That being said, if you have no interest in scheduling or preconditioning (and never will), the charger worked fine from the standpoint of coming home and plugging it in to charge immediately.

4. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

5. Jimson11

Jimson11 New Member

According to the Data Sheet, yes.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Dmiko

Dmiko New Member

Exactly the reason I also returned mine. Got a cheaper duosida L1/L2 charger. On my dedicated 20-amp 120v plug it charges at 6 miles per hour, so full charge overnight. And works on 240v/16 amp too. No issues with scheduled charging.

But Siemens is likely great, if you are not interested in scheduling charging and have enough electric capacity for a dedicated 2-pole breaker of 40amps.

8. vicw

vicw Active Member

I've been charging my Clarity from a Siemens Universal VersiCharge for about 11 months. It has operated flawlessly, with no faults, except one that I caused by changing the charge schedule from the HondaLink app while the car was fully charged, but still plugged in - that was no fault of the VersiCharge. It has supported scheduled charging and preconditioning with no problems to date.

The only thing that I added later was a meter, so that I could accurately track power use, and charging rates.

9. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Another person here that is getting burned by the Versicharge not handling preconditioning correctly and sometimes not charging. I suggest you stay away.

10. ozy

ozy Active Member

Ghaleon,
    Has this problem been resolved? Siemens delayed schedule should work flawlessly and should bypass the need to use the Honda Link system. Is it not working for you?

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

It practices your brain, drive home, do a simple math, find out how many hours till the off peak rate starts, set the timer, done.

13. Mike A

Mike A New Member

This is the charger I have. So far, it has worked flawlessly, since September. I do not need to schedu charging. But it handles preconditioning with no problem. I like the fact that it has a plug. So, if we ever move, it’s coming with me.

14. Ghaleon

Ghaleon New Member

I ended up returning the charger and purchasing a different brand. Delayed charging is not the use case I was interested in but rather remote preconditioning. The Versicharge was throwing erroneous faults at times when I turned the heat on remotely, which was unacceptable considering much of the reason I invested in a Level 2 charger was to accomplish specifically this.

15. ozy

ozy Active Member

I kind of agree that this is the simplest and most logical way of doing it. As you arrive home you know exactly when the charger needs to turn on and you set the timer accordingly. I realize that it's always cool to set things up via an app (fancy style) but I'm old school.

16. SkipperT

SkipperT Member

You guys realize that the car has a built in timer, right? Which works brilliantly.

-Skip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk