Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm not really a used tire guy. OEM rims, Michelin XIce i3s and aftermarket TPM sensors all mounted, balanced and installed. I'm in eastern Ontario

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

Ahh gotcha. I have a contact who gets tires off of Demo vehicles. He buys them with a minimum 80% tread. Sometimes he gets them with almost full tread. You can score a hell of a deal. I think I’ve spent $1500 in the last 4 years of buying tires from him lol! DM me if you change your mind :)

4. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

Will aren't things quite on this forum this morning .

CJC and Brennan Raposo like this.
  5. I was thinking the same thing lol, kept checking to make sure my app wasn't goofing up!

6. Wayne Warde

Now it's the long nervous nail biting wait. Hurry hurry hurry !!!!!!

CJC and Brennan Raposo like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hi,

Just got the call that my car is coming here in Montreal, QC!!!. Do anyone know a good company to install the charger? Which charger? And how much will it cost

Thank you in advance

Brennan Raposo and CJC like this.
  9. EVDuty chargers are built in Quebec and I believe they have installation available as well. They are pretty heavy duty from the specs. I have a Juicebox and am quite happy with it as well. As far as installation, any electrician will (or should lol) be able to install it. They are very simple. They either come with a plug in or hardwired versions (only 3-4 wires to connect into a box).

10. I should add that the installation may be a bit more complex if you don't have power available and need to run power from your panel to your charger location (garage, wall etc). Not usually a hard job, it will just cost more!

11. Brennan Raposo

LOL exactly this...
    Just waiting and praying for my phone to ring. I still don't have a VIN or a date yet.
    My dealer isn't exactly the quickest to respond. I'll give it to the end of the week then I’ll call!

Wayne Warde likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Wayne Warde

Ha ha ha you are giving into the dark side of the forever Young Skywalker.

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  14. Mine was 30 feet from the house, mounted on a cedar post. It was $1300 for the 50 amp charger, and $1500 for the trench and electrical labour. Nearly $3K for the whole thing. If you have a garage with power or just an accessible outdoor plug and you usually drive less than 100 Km a day you might do fine with the supplied Level 1 charger.

15. Does anybody have any news about the Quebec launch today?

16. Brennan Raposo

Would love to hear about this! I’m FB-less so I can’t check on that previous post a couple of days back.

17. Brennan Raposo

Hahah it’s so tough not to email/call constantly

18. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

I looked up the dealership in Quebec and found they had a small video on the website that showed the car wrapped with a bow and the new owners standing there with Hyundai Canada reps. It was in French, but seemed a non event really. Congratulations and a hand shake is what I saw.

Just found the video.

Domenick, Wildeyed and Brennan Raposo like this.
  19. Thanks for posting this. Looks like Hyundai is as amateur about creating media events as it is about communicating with its customers. Snore.

Wayne Warde, CJC and Brennan Raposo like this.
  20. Brennan Raposo

*yawn* wow, must have fallen asleep lol! Here I was thinking it’d be on the news or something. Hyundai, get it together! Do a proper media launch!

Wayne Warde and CJC like this.
  21. Wayne Warde

How embarrassing to be standing there as new owners watching those bumbling fools playing around at launching a car.

CJC likes this.
  22. Wayne Warde

Oooooo Quiet again this is very ominous !!!!!

Brennan Raposo and Wildeyed like this.
  23. Personally I'm just sort of sick and tired of waiting.