Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Appears to be. The buttons are there but we haven’t gotten around to programming them yet.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 228ra

228ra Member

Yes it is.

4. guinness10

guinness10 New Member

$33,500 for touring model in white in Orange County, CA.

dqcyd likes this.
  5. lanb

lanb Active Member

Yes it is and works with good range.

6. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Sorry about being off topic.

Anyway, I assume it only works when the fob is present, or the vehicle is on?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. lanb

lanb Active Member

Works without the FOB or starting the car. I believe it works off the 12V battery.
    Feel free to start a new thread if you have additional technical questions.

9. hounds1987

hounds1987 New Member

$33,500 in Southern CA is a great price..may I ask what dealership and the sales person's name cause I have a sister down there looking for one
    Can you email me the information.
    Thanks in advance

dqcyd likes this.
  10. leprofd

leprofd New Member

Paid $5,500 less than MSRP on base model. MA and RI have a website were dealers post their best price.
    https://drivegreen.greenenergyconsumers.org/form_deals.php
    With State and Federal tax rebates the "key in hand" price amounts to $20,780. A great value I think.
    Reading all the posts and thanking in advance the responses to the questions I will undoubtedly have!

Rangavasu likes this.
  11. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

Paid ~30.25k for a Touring(<$33k registered). Bought it from Bernardi Honda, MA. Not sure what prices are now, but I got word from one of my buddies that kickbacks may have upped once again since thanksgiving.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Gordon,

Where in NYS?
    Also, was the $31,500 before or after the $1,700 NYSERDA NYS rebate?
    Since it's a point-of-sale rebate, most of the dealers I've been seeing just fold it into the quoted price, so it's not in addition,

14. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

Everything is inflated in the Bay Area, is it possible to get a base model at 30500+doc+lic+taxes?

15. hounds1987

hounds1987 New Member

Sister is looking for one too in the bay area.
    Maybe if we bought them together we can get that price

16. In NYC: $32,600 for a touring including $890 destination fee. I used the $1,700 state tax POS rebate as a down payment and put the rest on 0.9% 60 months.
    I could have probably dealt with an out-of-state dealer with somewhat better prices, but the NYSERDA POS rebate only works at "approved dealers" who are all in-state, so my net of $30,918 still beats what I could find outside (perhaps looking further upstate might have worked too, but my time is worth money).

I had already saved up the cash, so may just stick it into a 60 month CD (bankrate shows a 3.15% APY 5 year CD)

Interestingly, stock in the Clarity seems to be getting tighter at some of the dealers I've seen...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  17. Jeremy M

Jeremy M New Member

What dealership did you buy from?

18. lanb

lanb Active Member

It looks like Honda is not shipping any more 2018 models to the dealers, so what is left now on the lots is probably the last of it.

If you are on the west coast, it is probably best to wait for the 2019 model since the 2018 inventory is low and prices have crept up. Just my $0.02.

19. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I'd probably still scout around for a good deal, even if I had to travel to get it. There are still about 15 of the 2018s (about even mix of base and touring) in Birmingham, Alabama. I'd be surprised if there aren't still a good many scattered across the nation if you do detective work.

20. Brian Harrison

Brian Harrison New Member

Getting a 2019 gives you less depreciation if you plan to trade or sell nearer term without driving until wheels fall off.

Here in MA we are losing the state rebate and there are still hundreds on lots (and still showing up) with dealer cash behind them. Though touring models outnumber base 5:1

228ra likes this.
  21. Thyramax

Thyramax New Member

Do you mind sharing the CT Dealer name? Looking to buy Clarity or Prime in CT. Thanks

22. E72

E72 New Member

This is not exactly correct. Dealers in Northern California started receiving new 2018 deliveries last week. My local dealer has more in stock than I've ever seen. Another dealer has a few in stock and more listed as in transit. It may be possible that no more 2018's will ship from the factory, but there are still quite a few in the pipeline heading to dealers, at least to the Northern California dealers I've been monitoring.

Also, I doubt 2019's will show up by the end of the year and I suspect anyone shopping between now and Dec 31 will be doing so to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit this year and not have to wait a year to realize the "discount".

To the people looking for base models for $30,500 + TTL, I'd take a look at Stockton if you want white. Roseville if you want another color. Both of these dealers have been noted in the past as doing deals at $30,500 for base and $33,500 for Touring. Stockton should give you a competitive quote online. Roseville will take some work and you may need to do it in person. Good luck.

23. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

The problem is that the demand is high here, the inventories go very quickly, adding that volt is almost sold out everywhere, quite hard to negotiate.
    A sales told me msrp -3000 firm, I don't think it can go much lower from here. I will try my luck before new years day, and see how much I can get.