Best Clarity Color that Shows least Dirt & Swirls

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Cali65, Dec 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Hi all, I was looking at the Platinum White Pearl color because it would look cleaner on a daily basis and show the least dirt. Also, from past darker colors I noticed dirt shows within a day of washing and also the swirl marks show in the dark metallic finishes after a while.
    Presntly I have a Blizzard Pearl (White) Prius Plug in and have been happy with the color, my first White color car............just wondering if it's time for a change.
    I like the Crimson Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic and of course the Clarity looks amzing in a washed Crystal Black Pearl, so the question is:

1. What color do you have and have you been happy with it or would you change it if you had a do over?
    2. Am I right about the dirt and swirls showing more on the Crimson Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic and Crystal Black Pearl colors?

Thank you

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I've got the Crystal Black and love it. I'll admit that I picked it somewhat to minimize the look of the back fender skirts. It is true that the swirl marks are a fight as well as keeping it looking spotless. You are somewhat limited by what color interior you prefer. I wanted the black interior, believing it would show less wear.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

We had a series of white cars. In my opinion they are the easiest to look clean the longest.

When we decided to buy the clarity we decided we wanted a different color for a change. Our Crimson is nice looking but dark colors show the dirt quickly.

My wife ruled out green, her least favorite color. Anything silver or grey is off my list.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'll admit that my fear of power car washes means our Moonlit Forest Pearl Clarity is dirty most of the winter months here in Michigan's "Winter Water Wonderland" (more like a Silly Salty Frozenland). I have a jacket, boots, and insulated rubber gloves I use for winter-time washing, but when it's really cold the rinse-water freezes on the car faster than I can dry it off--even using microfiber towels that work faster than a leather chamois. However, I like the color so much that I just grin and bear it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  6. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

I can tell you all my ranch trucks are white or a light color silver. The white trucks hide scratches and dust / dirt the best. I got a black truck once and only once. The only way I would get another black vehicle is if it was given to me for free. That way I would not feel to bad on having to pay to have a new vehicle painted white or silver before I used it.

I got a white clarity because it seems to hide dirt and scratches the best on the trucks and it seems to be doing the trick on the clarity too.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Same for me in MN. I like the color a lot more when the weather is warm, but my car is going to be dirty in the Winter and the color really makes little difference.

9. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Crimson shows the dirt like crazy, but I don't care. Had several complements on the color.

Dirty house, dirty car. Have never washed any of my cars. Do the dishes and clothes when I start to run out. Sorry to be so shocking. Please don't run me off the forum.

jorgie393, ClarityDoc and SkipperT like this.
  10. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

LOL. We must have a common ancestor. I’m a widower (guy in a house alone without a moderating female influence) and the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval left a long time ago. And Southern Living isn’t knocking down my door to do a photo shoot either. A clean house is a long term goal. I don’t usually clean until the dust bunnies become tumbleweeds!
    But I am keeping the Clarity clean!!!

MPower likes this.
  11. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

Silver. White comes in second. Black is the most difficult to keep clean and, after several car washes, will have a bad case of the swirls.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

Besides Silver being the fastest and most aerodynamic color in the Clarity series, my silver paint also stays clean looking when dirty.

228ra likes this.
  14. Margo

Margo New Member

For me it came down to the color of the interior, since that's where I live most of the time. I wanted a white with a black interior, but that wasn't an option. Silver has the black interior.

15. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

My Clarity is white and my other car is black. Black is the worst color to hide dirt and white is the best.

16. Max_P

Max_P New Member

Thanx for the replies.............guess I might have to stick with white.

17. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Oh, one weird thing about the Clarity is that all the dirt from the roof and rear window ends up on the top surface of the rear bumper after a misting or very light rain. It looks pretty ugly on white. If I don't have time to wash the car, I just give it a quick spray with the hose or splash a pitcher of water and all is good.

insightman likes this.
  18. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

The best color I've found for dirt is metallic gold, since Clarity doesn't have that I think silver is next best.

19. E72

E72 New Member

I'm surprised by all the recommendations for white regarding dirt. I have a coworker with a white car and it always looks dirty to me. I agree with David above. Metallic Gold is the best but pretty rare color these days. Metallic silver is second best in my opinion. I used to be pretty lazy with my old Reflex Silver Jetta and would go 9-10 months sometimes between washes. It never looked dirty.

Swirls... white does seem to hide them the best. Silver second best.

insightman likes this.
  20. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

My silver is good at hiding the salt mist. I compare our Clarity to our dark blue Explorer and there is no contest, silver wins for looking less dirty. I also wanted black interior. To keep the car clean I do the quick rinse off at the, close by, self car wash and then the Optimum wash, no rinse, and wax which works pretty good in winter (the water doesn't have time to freeze on the car when I do it inside the unheated, but attached, garage).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

Kailani likes this.
  21. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    I agree that you have to start with the interior color you want. That limits the exterior colors. I wanted the black interior. I wound up getting the black exterior. I also thought it would help hide that rear wheel fender that I hate. Maybe a mistake. I love it when it's really clean, but it hardly ever looks clean. I am also surprised by all of the recommendations for white. My Leaf is white. Much better than black, but not nearly as good as silver or grey for hiding dirt. I think silver is the best for that.

Richard_arch74 likes this.
  22. Cali65

Cali65 Member

Thank you for the responses.........I went with Platinum White Pearl and counldn't be happier.

guinness10 likes this.
  23. guinness10

guinness10 New Member

Sounds like you made your choice but I’ll throw my two cents in anyway (and reaffirm your choice). I had a white Prius and started looking at Clarity’s thinking I wanted a new color. However, after seeing the beige/dark brown/black interior of the white Clarity, I knew I wanted white. Never regretted it. As for dirt, I regularly drive over 160 miles each day for work in Southern California which winds up translating to rarely washing my car. White, in my experience, hides dirt really well for a long time.