99% charge.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by CreacentMike, Nov 22, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

I just finished charging our Clarity and once again the app shows it is 99% charged. 67km ev range and the temperature is 9C. I’m wondering why I’m not seeing 100% charge now although given other comments about range the car seems fairly typical. Any ideas? I’m using a Siemens level 2 charger.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

I should have mentioned that this has been happening for about a month.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I’m guessing that it is rounding down as I have seen the milage displays do on Honda Link. So if that’s the case ( and I think it is), it could be as high as 99.99%. When I got 99%, I tried charging again and it only took like 0.3 kW more or 0.2% of the 17 kW battery. So no need to worry about it.

5. Candice

Candice Active Member

I bought my Clarity in Feb 2018 (in the cold North) and it only charged to 99% for the first month or so. According to this forum, that was normal. At some point, it changed to 100% and has been ever since. That is, until we hit freezing a few weeks ago. Now I am back down to a full charge at 99%. It makes me think it is the temperature.

6. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

I have gotten stuck at 99% sometimes when using heat near the end of charge.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Yep, I saw it for the first time last week. I am betting it isn't a problem and that it won't continue to decline, just a rounding thing.

9. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

I’m noticing lately that my L1 charge goes to 100% and with the L2 the charge goes to 99%. Basically this happens every time over the past month.

10. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll just carry on enjoying this great car!