Texas Rebate Award Notification

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by 5thdan, Nov 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 5thdan

5thdan New Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KevinW

KevinW New Member

Can't access that file. I guess that means you received your $2,500 after 6 weeks? I am going to file mine this weekend.

4. Chanks

Chanks New Member

I got my award notification last week. I literally got the check in the mail 2 days after the award notification. Much better than the 30-90 days it said.

5. treodoc

treodoc New Member

I have my paperwork all filled out. I’m waiting for my permanent License Plates to come in. I’m assuming that I can’t use the number from the temporary tag. So hopefully in a week or so I’ll submit the application to TCEQ.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

6. oko

oko Member

You do NOT need to wait for your license plates. I am 100% sure. PM me if you have questions.

Texas22Step likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

Temp tags should work as that is what they told me on the phone when I sent mine in at the start of this week. All I am doing now is just waiting for the check to come in. Hopefully it won’t take a few months to arrive

9. Chanks

Chanks New Member

Yeah definitely no need to wait for permanent plates. A few gotchas:

-Make sure the dealer has signed your purchase agreement. Some just stamp it but this rebate requires it signed. The lady from the state office was super kind and called me when mine wasn't signed. I had to go back to the dealer and get them to sign those pages.
    -Make sure the dealer also signs the form from the state. I think you need 2 signed copies of this.

5thdan likes this.
  10. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

She also told me that if you need to correct any paperwork you don’t loose your spot in line for the grant. So no need to worry if they will have any funds remaining by the time you get it fixed

11. treodoc

treodoc New Member

Thanks for the information guys! This is a great forum with so many helpful members. I wouldn't have even known about the Texas rebate had I not been perusing this forum before buying my Clarity.

No one at my dealer knew about it or would have told me about it. They barely were aware of the $7500 Federal income tax credit. Know wonder these cars are not flying out of dealers' lots.

Again, thanks for the info... I'll be sending by paperwork out first thing in the morning.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

When I asked the sales manager why they didn’t seem to know much about the credits they said they were told not to talk to customers about it because they didn’t want to be blamed for anything if the buyer didn’t qualify for the federal credit. They also said they didn’t know anything about the state grants.

14. 5thdan

5thdan New Member

Check arrived 1-2 days later.

15. 5thdan

5thdan New Member

Same here. The sales contract was not signed by the dealer. This is the full form multi-page length form from the finance office. When you go pick up your plates, make sure it is signed and the application paperwork is also filled out completely.

16. 5thdan

5thdan New Member

First comes an acceptance packet with rebate details, then the check arrived 1-2 days later.

17. Ram1234

Ram1234 New Member

What is ‘Purchase Agreement’ could you point me to a sample ? I got a call today also.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

18. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

This was such an icing on the cake thing for me, I bought the Clarity before I knew this grant had been renewed. I stumbled on something on TMC forums and started digging. It was REALLY nice to get the $2500 grant on top of the Federal $7500. This actually has me striving even harder to stay on electric as the point of that is to reduce tailpipe emissions.

19. Ram1234

Ram1234 New Member

The dicument at my dealer says ‘Buyers Order’ he says it is ‘Purchase Agreement’ that is why state officials got confused. Just sent them a clarification email. waiting on their response..

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

20. SkyGuy

SkyGuy New Member

Hello All, I sent in my paperwork here in Texas about the first week of November, was notified of the approval around Jan 9th. The approval said it would take 6 to 9 weeks to receive the check. The check arrived just a few days after that.