Signed regular contract, not Clarity PHEV contract?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mark W, Oct 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Just got a call from the Honda dealer's sales manager. He said that they made a mistake and I signed a standard Honda lease contract, instead of a Clarity PHEV contract. They need me to sign a new one. They are delivering it to me to sign. He said it will be identical to the original, all of the terms will be the same, it will just be a different form. Honda corporate is requiring them to do this. Has this happened to anyone else? Any concerns?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Good to have your "scam alert" sensors on "high" for this one. The question is why would Honda have a different form if all the terms are the same. Hmm.......some careful reading coming up.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

5. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Can you also verify with Honda financial services? As long as the contract says you are leasing the car you wanted, what's the big deal? Although It could have something to do with the Federal tax incentive. I think my lease was a standard Honda form. I would demand a copy of both and carefully compare. Make sure your payments,term, milage, and residual value stay the same.

6. KevinW

KevinW New Member

I think neal is right. For a Honda Clarity lease, Honda financial keeps the $7.5k federal tax rebate, and their PHEV lease contract may be what they need in order to claim that credit from the government. Note that because it is a lease you cannot claim the $7,500 when you file your taxes.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    They came to my house with the new contract. I confirmed that the numbers were identical to the old contract and signed it. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

9. Front Row

Front Row Member

I had this same issue but the dealer caught it before I drove off. We shredded the original non-PHEV contract and I signed the new one.