Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KevinW

KevinW New Member

Picked mine up today in the Dallas, TX area from Autonation Honda.

Touring model
    MSRP (+destination): $37,495
    Negotiated Discount: $3,200
    Price: $34,295

Also got the 0.9% Honda financing special.

Happy with this deal, and very happy with the car.

Electra likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I just picked up my touring from Elk Grove Honda for $36500 out the door. I am happy :)

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  4. chakra

chakra New Member

Just picked up a touring in Dallas (34,690 base, 37.3 OTD). How can you tell when the production data was from the VIN number.

Electra likes this.
  5. lanb

lanb Active Member

What was the price before TTL and did it include any dealer accessories/packages ?

6. chakra

chakra New Member

The base price before TTL was 34,690. Yes it included the standard dealer accessories (tray, tint, keylocks, pinstripe, splash guard).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I negotiated the price to 32884 plus ttl to come to $36500 OTD. I put $9000 down and got the 0.9%

Attached Files:

9. Electra

Electra Active Member

Not really, but look around the driver's door when it's open. There should be a month and year when it was built.

10. lanb

lanb Active Member

Nice. Was there any accessories included ?

11. This is what the dealer threw in. Elk Grove also gives you up to 3 sets of new tires if you do your maintenance with them.

Attached Files:

NoOne likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. NoOne

NoOne New Member

Jennifer,
    Could you please share the name of the salesman? I'm thinking of picking up the car next Sat. Did you see any white color ?
    Thanks,
    Vu

14. lanb

lanb Active Member

That is a great deal then. Thanks for posting.

15. I did all my negotiation with Imm Kahn. Yes they had white.

16. joseph devocht

joseph devocht New Member

Elk Grove Honda
    Internet sales: Daisy Oropeza.
    Sale completed today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

17. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Honda of El Cajon in California,
    Costco Program

It worked out like this....
    Invoice:33400
    -1000 dealer incentive
    -800 Costco Program
    -600 Me haggling

There was also a "pro package" (cosmetic stuff....wheel locks etc) that they had already installed that I refused to pay for so they just left it on instead of going through the hassle of taking it off.

18. ABex

ABex New Member

Just purchased our 2018 Clarity Touring model this evening (picking up tomorrow night). Searched around at dealers in a 150 mile radius, and even across the country. Pleased with the deal we ended up with at our local dealer in IL (after the third visit!).

We paid $34,495 for the car, with our OTD (tax, title, etc.) total at $37,331.40. We got the all-weather mats and the bumper applique included, too- with the federal tax credit and what we can sell our previous car for, we will end up out of pocket right where we hoped to be (and probably about $1500 better than their best trade-in value offer).

Many thanks to this forum for providing us with good suggestions (like tracking the last 6 digits of the VIN to be sure the car hadn't been sitting on the lot for months and months- one we looked at had been manufactured in 2017 and sat on the dealer lot since January 2018!), and a good sense of what is reasonable to pay.

Now to enjoy the car :)

Clarence and jennifer everett like this.
  19. TIger

TIger New Member

Received a quote for $30,700 for a base model + title+taxes. Do you guys think i can go with it or can i still try to see if i can get it for $30,000 or below.

I see the auto sales are dropping every month and its almost year end. Do you guys think the prices could drop to $29,000 or so?

20. lanb

lanb Active Member

Which state ? If you are in the North East, you could probably do better but most other states, it will be a roll of dice
    especially if you are picky about color as 2018 model inventories dwindle by year-end.

21. pmmrkm

pmmrkm New Member

The following states has extra dealer cash back

ME, MD, MA, NY, NJ, CT, RI, AND VT)

So u can get better deals in those states only if you resident of these states. If you are not registering in those states, dealer. Don’t get the cash back.

So if you are in these above states, you can get clarity touring for 31-32k + tax, title, dealership fee.

Hope this helps to potential buyers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. pmmrkm

pmmrkm New Member

Dealer has 3000 cash back. I got quoted 32000k from one I of dealer.

The dealer cash back (Honda give it to dealers) ends 10/31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Claritydfw

Claritydfw Member

Hello all. I am new to the fourm and looking at getting a new clarity in Texas. To give a little info on my self I am not a environmental type of guy and only looking at the car because I am trying to lower my cost to drive as much as possible (my truck today only gets 15mpg). I only live 12 miles one way from work but do a large amount of driving on the weekends.

I was originally looking at a Accord because I just wanted a cheap reliable car that was not to small but found out I can get a Clarity for less after tax credits.

I am being offered a touring model for 33,400 plus TTL minus 7500 fed credit and 2500 state grant. They are also not going to charge for any addendum's .

Do you think this is a average price or a good price for this model?

Also my assumption is that I think I can sale the car after 2-3 years and get most of my money back after considering the tax credits and fuel savings.

Thanks for any opinions that can be given

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018