Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. joseph devocht

joseph devocht New Member

Got this offer in Northern CA. Will purchase coming weekend.
    ---
    Your total 2018 Honda Clarity Plugin Touring
    Selling Price-$32,485
    Dealer installed accessories-Protection Package $399-wheel locks,splash guards,cargo tray/
    Invisishield $249-transparent protection on all leading door edges,door handle cups and rear bumper or hatch/
    ETCH $259- 3 year theft protection plan
    Sales Tax-$2,594.08
    Doc fee-$80.00
    DMV-$442
    Tire Tax-$7.00
    Total-$36,515.08
    This price is only valid if financed through American Honda Finance.
    Thank you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Domenick likes this.
  4. dnb

dnb Active Member

Seems like a good deal for Touring, many places are trying to pass off that price on the base model!

5. brygo

brygo New Member

That's a great deal on the touring. Could you please share the dealer information?

6. joseph devocht

Indeed. Asked for offers from 5 local dealers and no other dealer was willing to match. Had to check 3 times that this was indeed for a Touring model ;)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. E72

E72 New Member

Did you get this quote via email only? Did you have to negotiate at all?

Once you purchase, please follow up and let us know the dealer and salesperson.

9. RogerB

RogerB Active Member

Just drove my Green Clarity base model home last night. $30,196 OTD here in Maryland (O'Donnell Honda in Ellicott City). I had a dealer in VA offer $30K even (Honda of Chantilly), but the one I got it from is an hour closer and had the color I wanted in stock. I contacted just about every dealer within an hour and half of my house and had them duke it out on price, and eventually those were the lowest two I got. Salesman had a lot of the paperwork ready when I got there, so it went pretty fast. Battery was 3/4 full and didn't use a drop of gas on the 22 mile trip home! Couldn't be happier!!

eguy13 likes this.
  10. joseph devocht

No negotiation. Quote received directly through email. We will purchase coming Sunday. As soon as the the deal is done I will let you know the dealer and salesperson.

11. joseph devocht

We will purchase coming Sunday. As soon as the the deal is done I will let you know the dealer and salesperson.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Leesuh

Leesuh New Member

Just got the 2018 Honda Clarity Touring model yesterday. Paid 35K out the door in New Haven county, CT at Brandfon Honda. that's including 6.35% CT sales tax and all fees.
    Also 7500 Federal tax credit and 1000 CT tax credit. so, I got it for $26500 and they threw in all weather mats and wheel locks. This price was after a painful back and forth with two dealerships and help on pricing from this forum, so THANK YOU!!!

eguy13 likes this.
  14. begranter

begranter New Member

For a green Touring I paid $31,690 including everything except taxes, registration & plates. The best price from the 30 odd dealers I sent out for RFP via e-mail. Once I went into the dealership, the sales person said that pricing was "a mistake by the manager", but they honored it anyway. $32,500-$33,000 seems to be the absolute floor otherwise.

eguy13 likes this.
  15. lanb

lanb Active Member

Looks like 2019's are on their way soon.
    The prices are starting to come down quite a bit, especially Touring and especially in the North East.

16. ASFMon

ASFMon New Member

It included nitrogen tire fill, pinstripes (but mine are missing), cargo tray, splash guards, floor mats for $1995, and also tint for $299 and paint protection package for $695. So additional dealer add-ons totaled $2,985! It appeared all the local Florida dealers were loading up their Claritys with these extras.

17. Force

Force New Member

Clarity touring
    msrp : 37490
    Rebate + disc = 14750
    Net price before tax, tags, title
    $22740

Phev and cheaper than accord lx

Lease for $276/mo. Sign and drive.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  18. Please share the best price I have been able to get is $38200 out the door in the Bay Area of Ca. I would drive further if I could save almost 2 grand

19. eguy13

eguy13 New Member

Base model $28,300 plus taxes, reg, fees in Massachusetts.

I am buying the tuxmat all weather mats.

20. dsmking42

dsmking42 New Member

That price sounds great - do you mind if I ask which dealer (PM me if you don't want to post)?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  21. eguy13

eguy13 New Member

Bernadi Honda. 28300, plus destination fee of 890, doc fee of 479, title prep fee of 5, inspection 35, registration 135, taxes 1667 = OTD 31511
    Good price after I take into account the state and federal incentives. But I am not confident they did all of the required Pre-Delivery Inspections or did them according to Honda's standards. The car wasn't fully charged at delivery, as a matter of fact, it was barely charged, showing 2 bars. They didn't install the body plugs (noise reduction plugs). The sales guy, Greg White, seems like a nice guy, said he had no idea these plugs even existed. To their credit, once I pointed it out to them, they found them at their parts department and installed them. The big disappointment was they sold an electric vehicle that was not fully charged, especially after I spoke with a sales manager the day before and he said he was going to charge the car overnight, which was the reason given why I couldn't pick up the car the day earlier. They also did not follow Honda's directive and used my charging cable to charge my car. Worst was they were charging it outdoor, I saw that my charging cable was plugged into an exterior wall, just hanging there. The charging cable bag was missing and the sales guy had to take one from another car in the lot. Hope everything else goes smoothly from this point on.

22. dsmking42

dsmking42 New Member

Thanks for the dealer review. I did a test drive there earlier this week but we have not yet discussed numbers. I needed to get wife's approval of the vehicle choice first - especially since it is a sedan that has rather conservative colors (I wish the Clarity PHEV came in a brighter red or something like the Toyota Prime Blue Magnetism).

They did have a mostly charged demo car for our test drive which was very nice and we had used them for service in the past.

23. hounds1987

hounds1987 New Member

Honda at Elk Grove
    Got same price!!!!
    Checked over 30 dealers best price