Happy Waze!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Wilbur, Sep 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Wilbur

Wilbur New Member

If you go to “Settings”, “General”, “CarPlay” and select your Clarity on your Iphone, you should see the Waze Icon. If it is below the other icons and has a “+” , then just press the + to add it to the others.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

It just showed up after I upgraded to the specific version of Google Maps and Waze that supported CarPlay. All I "had" to do was rearrange the CarPlay screen so they showed up on the first page.

You can confirm you have the correct versions by looking at the CarPlay preference Settings->General-> CarPlay->{MyCar}

I'm not aware of any privacy setting that would block them.

4. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Ah, I just figured it out. I had somehow missed "accepting" the updates to the Apple Terms and Conditions, so my regular app updates had stopped. Once I accepted the new T&C's I see that I have 156 app updates to install! That will keep my phone and wifi busy all afternoon, but hopefully I will have Google maps in time for my drive home tonight!

5. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

Did you install Waze app on your phone? IOS 12 doesn’t come with Waze. It just enables Waze app via CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I've had Waze for a long time already on my phone. My problem was that apps weren't updating due to not "accepting" the new Terms and Conditions. After fixing that, and installing 156 updates (!), I now see both Waze and Google maps as apps on Carplay via my settings. I can't wait to navigate home with Google maps tonight!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I have an Android and I can see the turn by turn on the dash. My son has an and iPhone that's connected to my Clarity but that doesn't show the turn by turn on the dash.

Pegsie likes this.
  9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

AFAIK, this is a restriction imposed by Apple. Only works on Android Auto.

10. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

See the latest Google Maps news on music integration directly in Google Maps, which might address your concerns. " Google Maps now lets you control music while navigating" at https://mashable.com/article/google-maps-music-control-navigation/#7S1hDv8UAPqN

11. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

I have android and already disabled AA after using it for 2 months. I don't like how it takes over my phone. Sometimes I want to do something with my phone and it is just a pain to do anything once it is connected to AA. I have to select AA on the car before it would let me use the phone. It won't let me access the app drawer so I need to put the apps I use on the home screen. I also feel it slows down the phone. I might use AA on a long trip to use waze or gm on the big screen. I wonder if carplay is any better.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I sympathize with you. I will still definately use AA on long trips. It's the interrmediate lengths that I don't know about. You're right that it seems to lock down the phone. I guess what I really need to do is let the wife drive more so I can play with it while the car's moving to learn how to use AA and my phone.

14. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

When using Android Auto, turn-by-turn stuff from Google Maps is displayed in the dash for me (At least until the inevitable 100%-charged-battery-and-AA-disconnects). It doesn't show them ahead of time, though; only when Google announces "In 1 mile, turn right on Blah Blah" does it show the directions under the speedometer. Can't say anything about CarPlay.