Driving modes on the instrument panel

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by 2020, Sep 18, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Good report. I too find the comfort is exceptional on long trips. That 300 mile round-trip I took yesterday was a breeze. I've never had a car that left me feeling as rested after a long trip as the Clarity.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

I agree completely and appreciate you view. For several months of having the Clarity I exclusively used the Econ mode. It just got very frustrating in many highway situations where the ACC would slow me down enough that I'd move over to pass and it would accelerate SO slowly that I had to manually accelerate more aggressively just to get past the car in anything close to reasonable time without slowing down all the traffic on the lane I just moved to. Sport mode solves one of my major frustrations with the highway driving.

Now that you mention the smooth and linear response, I think I will go back to econ mode for in city driving. I think I just got so hooked on Sport mode responsiveness that I am finding it hard to readjust to the smooth and linear acceleration that I once used to appreciate more.

4. Vezz66

Vezz66 Member

I noticed the white display staying on after the ICE stops...

Perhaps it is indicating that the engine is still warm and ready for use if conditions favor its use for overall economy.

5. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

That’s not a bug. It just means that the ICE is still on and on standby.

6. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I would leave Sport mode if Regen Maintain was allowed in other modes. I like regen staying on.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Well, I love ECON on the Clarity, while I hate it on the '18 Ody. On the van, pressing the accelerator from full stop, I can feel how it struggles to move. No issue on the Clarity at all.