Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Breezy

Breezy Member

After lots of runaround & sleazy dealer practices (see my prior posts), I put deposit down at Hamilton Honda (NJ) for base model 30,919 incl destination. Add'l are their 398 doc fee and $449 for wheel locks, splash guards & trunk tray (pro-pack). Note: not via costco as so far no costco prices up for Sept here.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

I just showed the picture I attached to my original post to The Honda Store and the matched it. They also matched Hyannis D80 warranty quote. This forum saved me a bundle! Can’t wait to get the car on Wednesday (after I print out all of the new vehicle checklist items on the other posts here).

4. silverunicorn

silverunicorn New Member

I got the base model from Stockton Honda for
    price of the car :30423
    Sales tax : 2814
    Tire fees: 8
    DMV fees: 460
    Doc fees : 80
    Total : 33785
    It was very smooth and no hassle.

Do you guys suggest I buy extended warranty online? i am getting a quote of 8y/100k (0 Deduct) = 1454 and (100 deduct) = 1349. I am still debating to buy now or after the original warranty expires.

Thanks a lot for the help.

5. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

Look up Hyannis Honda. They have the zero deductible for $1305. My dealer matched it without a question.

6. Arthur Picard

Arthur Picard New Member

Lundgren Honda Auburn, Ma 4 yrs 50,000 bumper to bumper no extra charge,

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. toomie

toomie Member

I'm assuming Stockton, CA. If so, Hyannis does not sell to California. They referred me to College Hills. Please see attached file for quotes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Inside EVs mobile app

9. toomie

toomie Member

Screenshot didn't post. Trying again. If it still doesn't work, the quote is:

D68 6yrs/80K miles $1011
    D60 6yrs/100K miles $1161
    D62 6yrs/120K miles $1312
    D78 7yrs/80K miles $1051
    D70 7yrs/100K miles $1295
    D72 7yrs/120K miles $1434
    D80 8yrs/100K miles $1364
    D82 8yrs/120K miles $1614 SmartSelect_20180904-131113_Gmail.jpg

10. silverunicorn

silverunicorn New Member

When did you get these quotes? and also should I buy now, or at 3 year mark when the warranty expires. I am hoping Honda will be reliable:)

11. toomie

toomie Member

Got it today. When you buy is up to you. But from my understanding, this price is only good before 6 months and 6,000 miles from date of purchase, coverage starts at 0 miles and date of purchase. After that, there is a different pricing structure.

There is a separate post concerning extended warranties. You should do a search and read up on it.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ghaleon

Ghaleon New Member

Hi all, picking up my Clarity tonight so I figured I’d chime in.

I ended up with a base Clarity PHEV at 29,924 before Tax and documents fees in northern NJ. I started my process with quotes from True Car, but I’m not convinced that had much of an impact beyond having quotes in hand from dealers I would have considered too far away to contact.

Looking forward to continuing to lurk about here as an owner instead of someone obsessively researching PHEVs :)

chris5168 and David A like this.
  14. socalclarity

socalclarity New Member

31,700 was the price before sale tax and registration.

15. lanb

lanb Active Member

After back and forth with a few SoCal dealers over the past week, I got my Clarity base model for
    $30K + tax/ttl/doc over the labor day weekend. No accessories included. Had to finance at 0.9% with AHF.

Thanks to all for the valuable information posted here. Here is my $0.02 :)

Dealership pricings seem to be very dynamic, so, don't restrict yourself to dealerships posted here.
    Use the prices posted but cast a wider net (yes, more work unfortunately).

If you are looking to get a "fresh" car - as in not sitting in the lot for a while due to possible battery degradation,
    use the VIN # sequence (last 5-6 digits) to gauge the date of manufacture/arrival at the dealership without
    having to ask for Carfax or other Paperwork when looking up inventory online.
    Currently, VIN sequence is in the 16000 range for cars that arrived in August 2018.
    Keeping track of VIN #s will also help us gauge sales numbers for this car and its popularity so we can be sure of after sales service and support from Honda :)

16. NewtoHonda

NewtoHonda New Member

Got my Silver Base Honda Clarity on 8/31 in Houston for 34k OTD with Propack (splash guards, wheel locks, window tint and all weather cargo mat). I had to finance using AHF got a .9% APR for 36 months.
    Did I do OK?

None of the Texas dealers are budging much on the price. This was the least I could get after having almost 8 dealers match each others deals.

17. lanb

lanb Active Member

What was your price before tax/title/doc etc. ?
    That would give you an apples to apples comparison with other posts here as those 3 vary by county.

18. NewtoHonda

NewtoHonda New Member

The buyers order shows ~$30,700 before TTL

19. lanb

lanb Active Member

I think you did pretty good for TX. In places that have state-specific rebates (e.g. TX, CO) the dealers generally
    don't seem to go very low because they know that the buyers can afford to pay more due to the state rebates :)

NewtoHonda likes this.
  20. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

In Colorado, you can buy it out of state and get the 5,000 rebate. You only need to reg. the car in Colorado and it must be a new car.

21. NewtoHonda

NewtoHonda New Member

In TX you have buy the car from a Texas licensed Dealership. The form to get the rebate asks for dealership name, licence number, sales person name and phone number. Moreover more than 90% of the funds are depleted and its first come first served policy so currently I am not betting too much on getting the state rebate.

22. Chanks

Chanks New Member

I think you are reading the website backwards. 87% of the funds are still available, not 90% claimed. There's funding for 2000 plug-in and plug-in hybrids. So far roughly 400 hundred have been claimed.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html

23. NewtoHonda

NewtoHonda New Member

Wow if that is the case then that would be an additional $2500 reduction to my purchase price! Thank you for raising my hopes - I will get in line soon :).