Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LazyNova

LazyNova New Member

Hadn't seen anyone post in Ohio yet. I bought a Clarity base model today near Cleveland OH for 31,650 (34,012.50 out the door). Got a Costco price quote that was a little higher but was hoping for 31000 so made a cash offer and ended up in the middle.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DireOtter

DireOtter New Member

Do you mind sharing the dealer? I am about to go ahead and pull the trigger and this could make things easier.

4. JFK1965

JFK1965 New Member

I've been shopping for a Clarity Touring here in San Diego. I have multiple offers of $33,990 plus tax, title and license fees. That price does not include any rebates. It's interesting that they all land at exactly the same spot. Anyone have a better experience in this area?

In addition to the regular federal and state tax credits, we're also going to take advantage of a $1000 teacher / first responder EV rebate offered by SDG&E (electric utility) for their service area in case anyone else in this area may qualify for it. Details are at https://www.sdge.com/residential/electric-vehicles/champions-clean-air-ev-rebate.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I bought at Hamilton for $29,300 but based on Costco pricing. This is not OTD. It's plus tax, tags and $399 doc fee. The price does include the protection package (wheel locks, trunk tray, mudguards). I was also able to get 0.9% for 5 years. Costco does give you a 50% off coupon on accessories, which I used for all weather mats.

You will also need to have them price match Honda Care, since I don't think Sacussi or Hyannis would sell you if you transfer to FL.

Let me know if you want a referral. My sales person said it was the first Clarity he sold.

6. profb

profb New Member

yes, thanks, could you let me know? how do you get the price match with Honda Care? The prices I'm getting here are several thousands higher, so $895 for shipping would still put me ahead.

I was told that Honda changes its incentives at the start of the month. Is that right? any way to have an educated guess if next month's will be good? What about labor day sales?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. eagle8

eagle8 New Member

I paid $31,700 after tax, with quite a few options included. Not the Touring model, however.

9. profb

profb New Member

where?

10. eagle8

eagle8 New Member

Jenkins Honda in Florida

11. profb

profb New Member

where in Florida is that? I'm in Tampa and can't get anywhere near this price. how did you do it? is that OTD?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Breezy

Breezy Member

If I don't live in NJ, will a NJ dealer still get their ZEV cash? (i.e., they'll raise their quotes when they see I'm PA not NJ)

14. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Good question... I know it's dealer cash and not advertised, which means if they settled for a price with you, they should not increase once they see you are from PA.

Breezy likes this.
  15. Nathan66669

Nathan66669 New Member

Jeff Wyler in Florence Ky (few miles south of Cincinnati)
    35,485 Touring
    299 doc fee
    11 title

I had 2800 in trade so taxes were

If you use their "standard" financing you can get another $1000 off that price. If I had thought about it I should have taken that then refinance right away (assuming no ppp or early pay off). Instead, I opted for that Honda 0.9% deal they have right now

16. WolfpackCL

WolfpackCL New Member

base model 32,181 OTD, 0.9% for 36 months...leith honda raleigh, nc

asking 34290
    - "discount" of 3259.22
    - 500 recent grad rebate
    + 702 fees
    + 948.86 tax

wheel locks
    all-season mats

17. STEye

STEye New Member

Surprised people aren't getting better prices than I did 4 months ago for the Touring trim. $32,240 + free $425 in accessories.

18. lanb

lanb Active Member

Where was this ?

19. STEye

STEye New Member

Maryland

20. Man, we got ours for $34,920 which ended up being $36,000 OTD with exorbitant doc fees in the DC area. You got a good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

STEye likes this.
  21. profb

profb New Member

Does anyone think there will be significant discounts for Labor Day sales?

22. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

Down in Fort Myers, it looks like I'll be picking mine up for $31,900 plus taxes tag and fees. For a white base model(I'm still happy with the price)

The northeast states..... You guys are so lucky with the state in incentives as well! This will be a surprise purchase for my wife.

23. profb

profb New Member

what dealer and who did you work with? any extras thrown in?