Clarity Sightings

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hi.Ho.Silver, Mar 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. vicw

vicw Active Member

That is incredible. And you each selected a different color, so you can tell which is which. And each has solar power, to boot. What a great opportunity for sharing your Clarity experiences first-hand.

I think I want to live there - mine is Solar Silver, so it wouldn't duplicate any of the others. I'm guessing your neighborhood is on the West Coast.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Stephen Libster

Stephen Libster New Member

Claritys are becoming more commonplace in Austin, TX. Last week I saw one in the Whole Foods lot and another on the MoPac expressway. The dealer where I bought mine is has an inventory of 12--all Touring--including those in transit.

4. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

Every Canadian on this forum waiting for a Clarity who read that just died a little inside.

Omgswify, amy2421, Vezz66 and 3 others like this.
  5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Are Canadians allowed to come down and buy an American Clarity and drive it back up? Or are there taxes, laws, licensing, and/or regulations that prohibit it?
    And I guess the lack off a battery heater would be a deal killer even if they could.
    It seems so unfair that we have so many and they have so few.

6. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I live in Elk Grove, a Sacramento suburb, I'm pretty sure there are at least two others in town. I followed one (coincidentally) with a vanity plate near my neighborhood driving into a gated community, saw another at Peet's. Conceivably that one could be a visitor. :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. loomis2

Not everyone in Canada needs a battery heater. Living in Victoria or Vancouver you might not even need the regular heater very often. But what if you live in Minnesota, or North Dakota, or Upper Michigan? A battery heater might be somewhat necessary there, too.

9. Akinto

Akinto Member

Honda Canada doesn't honor Honda USA warranties. And there are regulatory issues. Always on daylight running lights, something emissions related. But the warrantee is the biggest problem.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did the vanity plate make sense and relate to the car? Or was it just the owner's surname or a college name variant?

11. bfd

bfd Active Member

Canadians are not likely to be "Buying American" any time soon, and I can't blame them…

Akinto likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. loomis2

They're really buying Japanese no matter which country they get it from.

lordsutch likes this.
  14. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

A riff on "Electric".

15. loomis2

There apparently is another black Clarity in my area. It has been spotted two days in a row now.

16. JohnRev

JohnRev New Member

Hi vicw,
    Yes, I am in the west coast. High desert actually, Rancho Cucamonga, CA. You are welcome to join "us". Godspeed.

17. Numbernine

Numbernine Member

I meant to post this sooner (busy week, alas) but: I saw another Clarity on Saturday. It was gray (not sure if Touring or Base) and was parked outside the Scotiabank near the Ikea in Ottawa around 4:30 PM. If that describes your car and you're out there, I excitedly waved at your car even if you weren't there to see it. :D

amy2421 likes this.
  18. Vezz66

Vezz66 Member

I saw a white Clarity July 13th in Magog, and another(?) white one in Laval July 20th.

Mine is also white so maybe I notice the white ones more?

Numbernine likes this.
  19. Tailwind

Tailwind Active Member

I saw 2 different Claritys yesterday. Another white one like mine and a black one. For the first, I was stopped at a stop sign waiting for the cross traffic when I saw the distinctive "L" shaped running lights coming toward me. The driver must have noticed me because as she went by she was turned 90 degrees in her seat looking at my car. :)

Numbernine and K8QM like this.
  20. ClarityMark

ClarityMark New Member

Driving my Clarity in heavily congested Bergen County, NJ for 7 weeks now and still have not spotted one single Clarity on the road. I was in New Hope, PA a week ago and saw one parked in the street-- that's as close as I've come to seeing one driving on the road.

21. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

I saw my car’s identical twin at my work parking lot parked only 20 spots away yesterday and the license plate was almost the same too!

22. Finally saw one while I was driving in my car! A modern steel Clarity driving into the complex where I work in Washington, DC. Driver didn't notice me. We'll see if they work in the same building as I do. Our Level 2 chargers are getting crowded with the various EVs and PHEVs. I'm happy to charge using a wall outlet, but these days I find I have to get to work before 7:30 a.m. to get one of those spots. Thank goodness a full charge gets me 4-5 days of commuting back & forth!

23. weave

weave Active Member

How does that work at your site Pegsie? Do people who work there come out and move their vehicle in the middle of the day after it's charged?

btw, 4-5 days of commuting on ~50 mile charge. You're one of the lucky ones to have such a short commute! :)