Lots of brand new info from Pre Delivery Inspection doc; esp. on battery replacement

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KentuckyKen, Jul 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FlaDave

FlaDave New Member

IMG_5838.jpg

This is where they're supposed to be?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Yep, the oblong hole. Just got mine Friday.

4. FlaDave

FlaDave New Member

Thanks. Will check with the dealership.

5. Wayne Wilson

Wayne Wilson Member

My dealer just informed me that the Body Plugs are back ordered at Honda, so it's going to take awhile to get mine. I wonder if taping over the holes in the meantime will accomplish anything?

6. weave

weave Active Member

Back ordered -- meaning loads of dealers have been just throwing them away and not installing them :-(

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Front Row

Front Row Member

Woo hoo already installed on my car, will check the wife's when she gets home.

amy2421 likes this.
  9. Front Row

Front Row Member

Wife's car has the plugs as well, we did get both cars from the same dealer.

V8Power likes this.
  10. Chuck

Chuck Member

Hello all, just when you thought you had heard it all about the 'plugs'. Took it to the dealer to fix the HV mileage(success), A-pillar rattle(so-far-so-good) and put in the 4 body plugs. Got home and looked more at the invoice and saw "missing plugs, installed 5 plugs in rear of car". ??5?? I went out and checked the 4 holes we have been talking about and sure enough, no rubber plugs. After a call with the somewhat confused service guy I am going back by tomorrow for, supposedly, the correct plugs. Hard to be too mad at the guy, he gets back to me quickly and doesn't guess, if he doesn't know he says so and he finds out(rare today). He said they will install them as soon as I get there so I don't have to wait. Question is does anyone else not have these plugs? Maybe these holes in the back do not have plugs normally and the tech saw the holes and just starting putting plugs in without looking at the PDI document(I am afraid this is probably what it is) for where the plug should go. These is nothing in the PDI about any other plugs so these hole plugs would have to be a factory task. Anyway here is a photo of the back part of the car where I assume the new plugs are, I do not have a 'before' photo.

Attached Files:

11. KentuckyKen

The PDI only specifies 4 plugs that are oblong ovals like one of the plugs in your picture. It doesn’t say anything about a 5th plug. The locations are inbound of the 4 wheels with the front ones being about 6” from the side edge is the car.
    Here’s is diagram from the PDI:
    433BE650-1B4F-40E7-AADA-4CCB52B75808.png
    I can look under and see the front ones but can’t see the back ones.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Funny, we bought two Clarities too! We had to go to two separate dealers because in Ontario, Canada, the inventory is non-existant.

Front Row likes this.
  14. Cpcondu

Cpcondu New Member

Wish I would have seen this sooner. Took delivery one week ago today, and no plugs... :( Service Center has been called...

Sdstork likes this.
  15. Chuck

Chuck Member

Now I are worried the dealer is just putting plugs in random holes. I would love it if someone would hold their phone under the trunk area and snap a picture and see if the holes plugged in my photo have plugs in your car(s).

16. KentuckyKen

While the garage was cool this morning, I got down and looked under the trunk area shown in your picture. There were no plugs in any of the 3 holes on the passenger side and none in the 2 holes in the driver side. So those plugs don’t appear to belong there.

The 4 oblong oval plugs go into the 4 holes located exactly as shown in the diagram above. Take that diagram and show your dealer who evidently doesn’t care enough to follow the instructions of or even read the PDI which Honda pays them 1.4 hours to perform.

I would be very leery of randomly plugging holes under the car. Some are there to allow water to drain away and some are there that need to be plugged to keep water and noise out. Not knowing which is which can potentially lead to problems later on.

The front plugs are about 6” inside the back front wheel well and the rear plugs are right behind the rear lift points where you see a short 90 degree angled piece of steel has been welded to support a jack. The PDI does not mention any other plugs to install.

17. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Just found this thread and looks like mine (bought end of April, been in for minor services three times) is also missing the plugs. Thanks for pointing them out. Would think the dealer would've noticed that in their supposed point inspection of the car each time it is in...

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm sure the only person looking for those plugs is the technician doing the pre-delivery inspection. It's not like checking to be sure they put all 4 wheels back on before lowering the lift after maintenance operations.

19. This topic paid off for me: took delivery of our Clarity last week and I saw the plugs were missing. The charger was also still in the original wrapper, so they obviously did not check its functionality (another step on the Pre-Delivery checklist).

Other stuff all looked good, tho, and we have really been enjoying driving around town electrically!

20. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Bad lighting and maybe looking at the wrong holes; mine does actually have four plugs when I went to take pictures with a flash.

21. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

My dealer didnt charge mine at all. One thing good about that was i had to drive 60 miles on mostly gas. So the gas engine got a head start on the break in. Hahaha.

22. Santos

Santos New Member

Just went to honda and them check if the noise reduction plugs were ever installed.. They wherent so they ordered them. Crazy? Thanks for info

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs