HV Range Fix Works Well

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Viking79, Jul 11, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ragman

Ragman New Member

Thanks to member Atkinson for the attached Service Bulletin about this problem. I hadn't heard anything from the dealer yet but their service department will certainly heard about it Monday morning. Glad I joined this forum.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dinoray

dinoray New Member

Do we have to take the car back to the dealership where the car was purchased?

Penske Honda in Ontario CA, has been no help at all. We even gave them the bulletin number but they keep saying they haven’t received the software from Honda. Anyone in So. Cal know if any other dealership has the fix yet.

4. Mike Proctor

Mike Proctor New Member

Hi Ken, thanks for letting me know about this forum. I look forward to reviewing the comments of Clarity owners like us ! MikeP

5. Ragman

Ragman New Member

Went to the dealer yesterday in Sherbrooke, Quebec and they found the service bulletin in question. The appointment is for tomorrow morning. I'll have a full battery and a full tank of gas to see the difference "before and after". What I don't understand is why Honda doesn't notify the owners when such a bulletin is put out. I guess that if does not concern SAFETY, we are not informed.

6. hv-range-bug.JPG hv-range-bug.JPG
    Argg.. I took my Clarity in to the dealer I purchased it at (First Texas Honda, Austin TX), showed them the HV range problem and gave them the Service Bulletin (18-069). They just called (33 hours later), they looked it up and yes they need the 18-069 software patch but they do not have it on their computers? YET! How many other Honda dealers already have the patch and have applied it to customers vehicles? Argg....
    Time to find another local dealer for service that has more Clarity technical knowledge..... I wonder if any of their service techs have been trained on the Clarity? I understand there are Master service techs at some dealerships......

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ragman

Ragman New Member

Service Bulletin J-20-18 done at dealer. Battery full charge, gas tank filled prior to update. Done at Canadian dealer so I
    switched to "miles". Here are the before and after pictures.
    HV mode before.jpg
    HV mode after.jpg

9. weave

weave Active Member

Ha, that's kind of you to translate for those of us still stuck in the dark ages of measurements!

Hey, on the bright side of the metric issue, at least the Pokémon Go game has people walking to hatch eggs and those distances are either 2km, 5km, or 10km so there's a bunch of young game players quickly learning how far a kilometer is!

Ragman likes this.