Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Hmm. It seems the 1500 dealer cash is instead of the 0.9 finance offer. One or the other... UGH

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Abhishek Singh

Abhishek Singh New Member

2018 Honda Clarity Touring, Platinum White exterior purchased from Stockton Honda in Stockton, CA.
    Sales Price (including destination fee) = $33,350
    OTD = $37,000
    Dealer financing 0.9% for 60 months.
    No accessories.
    Extended warranty declined at dealership, though will get one online.

4. Rachelle85

Rachelle85 New Member

In my area the 0.9% Financing is only for 36 months. Already willing to travel to get a great price. If I finance in another location can I assume that I can get 0.9% for 60 months? There is also not a $1500 rebate alternative for financing the clarity.

5. geminiwave

geminiwave New Member

Anyone in the Washington area purchase one? I've tried everything (Truecar, Costco, cold walking in) and none of them will sell the car for even flat MSRP. It's always slightly above MSRP. So the best price I've been able to get is a flat $38,000 Out The Door (incl. TTL). It's ludicrous. I cold called a place in Culver City and got a $31,000 price including destination which puts it under $35,000 TTL. They wouldn't ship to washington though, and none of the washington dealers will honor a california price. They keep insisting that if they don't sell above MSRP, they'll lose their shirts. I really loved the Clarity, but I talked Toyota down on a fully loaded Prius Prime Advanced for under 30k. The 8k difference is just too much for what the Clarity offers over the Prime.

6. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Have you tried Oregon? They have gone about $3000 off MSRP.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. geminiwave

geminiwave New Member

would they ship it out? Or do you need to drive down? Portland probably isn't too far a drive. Sounds like it's a CARB state too so that's a bonus.

9. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

I would call them first. The dealer in Portland was really motivated to sell, but I chose a closer location. Here is the website in which you can contact them for a quote and go from there:
    https://www.rontonkinhonda.com/
    Or do a google search for Honda dealers in Oregon. I got similar quotes from at least 4 dealers, all about 2,000 off MSRP. I ended up getting one under 2,600 with accesories included in Hillsboro Oregon.
    Good luck with your search!

10. ES-N-D-OC

ES-N-D-OC New Member

I leased, don't think worth buying and dealing with issues after its out of warranty. Down $2200 and $263 a month (12K annual miles) car had Lo Jack as well which they ate the price on. Getting $1500 rebate from state so just $700 out of pocket. Hopefully get SDG&E discount as well when they bring back in 2019.

11. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

Very jealous of our California colleagues in snagging great deals.
    I shopped around vigorously in the Houston TX area, and the best I could do was 38,000 OTD (including lug locks, trunk mat, mud guards, nitro fill (gimick IMO)).

I considered driving to Dallas or Austin, but $500 savings was not worthwhile for me.
    TX has basically nearly used up the fund for the $2500 rebate - as of now, 94% used up already.

In the end, 28k (after rebates / tax credits), is such a wonderful deal for this level of tech.

I almost purchased a Model X before learning about the clarity. 1 wk owner so far, and extremely satisfied.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Settled on 29,700 + tax/title for base model (Costco price) including 0.9 for 60 months with Honda. This is NJ. I had two dealers offering similar numbers. But others were as high as 32500. With the 7500 tax credit, I'm happy.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  14. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I have a quote for $31,250 + TTL for base model from Livermore Honda in the SF Bay Area. Has anyone received a lower price from a Bay Area dealer lately?

15. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Is that Costco price the same anywhere in the US?

16. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

Not in Mass, price was not comparable to Drive Green.

17. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

Thanks everyone for your wisdom
    Today I Purchased a 2018 Honda clarity touring platinum white pearl exterior/ beige interior
    Honda of the desert, cathedral city, california
    Built June 2018, so wasn’t sitting on the lot for a long time.
    It took some negotiating,
    Price $34050
    Paint/interior protection, negotiated to $600
    They 1st offered a third party extended warranty contract, told them I wasn’t interested.
    Hondacare warranty c 60: 72 months, 100k miles, $100 deductible negotiated to $1607
    0.9% finance for 60 months. Not as good as saccucci Honda but i felt I wanted them to feel whole from the deal.
    Having printouts of written offers from other Southern California dealers and an appraisal of my trade in by carmax saved me many thousands of dollars compared to their initial offers.

18. Ordell98

Ordell98 New Member

$34,500 for silver Touring, including 3rd key fob and the factory all-weather mats which are surprisingly decent. With Chicagoland tax, title and license, $37,500 OTD with 1.9% for 60 months. No trade in.

19. Odobo

Odobo Active Member

Mind PM me your contact at that dealership? The lowest I got in South Bay is $31880 with Costco auto

20. dsnider

dsnider New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, as I am in the market for a Clarity (and in Tx), but that number/percentage is total funds remaining.

The rebate caps at funds distributed or 2000 phev or bev vehicles (along with 1000 LNG/CNG vehicles). And according to the website, less than 250 grants have been approved. That’s only 625k distributed out of a 7M rebate pot.

With Tesla out of the equation, this rebate should last at least a year just on a avg sales pace.

Am I missing something?

Johnhaydev likes this.
  21. ywallet

ywallet New Member

Can you share the Price breakdown? What was the invoice price and the price you paid excluding TTL?

22. ywallet

ywallet New Member

Isn't Stockton, CA considered bay area? Seems like worth a drive if you can replicate the deal Abhishek Singh posted.

23. Yukon903

Yukon903 New Member

$34,389 + TTL for a Moonlight Forest Touring with wheel locks, trunk tray, all weather floor mats, mud guard, etech protection, nitrogen in tires lifetime window tinting and bumper appliqué (sticker was $39,388) in Jacksonville, Fl.