Jack?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by MacMini34, Apr 16, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MacMini34

MacMini34 New Member

Hello all,

I did search and it is a common word so didn't see what I needed.

I can't see a jack for jacking up the car in my 2024 version. Did they actually not come with one since they don't have a spare? A jack is mentioned in the manual.

My R56 has one.

Tried contacting the salesman but looks like he's moved on.

cheers
    MacMini34

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

My '23 came without a jack. The dealer threw one in for free. But I had to buy a spare.

4. endquote

endquote Active Member

Nope, not included. Nowhere to put it!

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

As you have noticed, MINI did't spend much time editing the regular F56 manual for the SE.

The SE is heavier than any other F56. To rotate tires on my SE and my 2-ton Honda Clarity PHEV, I bought one of these 5-ton electric jacks from Amazon. It's low enough, except when jacking up the left front corner. I have to roll the tire on that corner onto a piece of 3/4" plywood to get the jack underneath. I also bought jack pads specifically designed for MINIs and BMWs. Amazon doesn't have them anymore, but I like these better than others I've tried because the raised bar on the top fits into the MINI jack points perfectly.

upload_2024-4-16_17-36-49.png

Ketos and endquote like this.
  6. MacMini34

MacMini34 New Member

There's a cavity on the right side under the lower boot mat, albeit maybe too small for a jack and extras. It's also bare painted metal and my R56 jack is in a molded foam pack.

Where is it on the gasser F56? Do they not get one too in this new age!

Suppose it saves a tiny bit of weight!

I've used the "2x4 along the sill" method to jack up my R56 with a basic trolley jack. This has worked well and allows me to get a jack stand under the jacking point.

cheers
    MacMini34

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My 2015 ICE F56 had a jack kit stored in that exact spot, but it was a small half-scissors jack and I'm not sure it would be strong enough for the extra weight of the SE.

upload_2024-4-18_22-13-18.png