”no signal" during the start up error

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by 1nickatnite1, Mar 21, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

I started the car like normal and the center screen was black except for a "no signal" message in the middle for about a couple of minutes before it went to normal. During that time, the reverse camera, radio and none of the display buttons were responsive. Anyone seen this before?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

Here's a picture of the error too.
    [​IMG]

4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Could be an over the air update. The only time I remember that happening was back in 2015 when connected drive was http and was being hotfixed to https.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's the error I saw:
    upload_2024-3-22_17-31-36.png
    I'm not clear which images work and which don't work on this forum, but this one didn't work for me. Maybe you can attach it.

6. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

attached the image again, hope that helps

Attached Files:

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

I thought the SE didn't get any OTAs besides maybe maps? I drove it today though and that error isn't coming up but the mini welcome screen is skipped and the car goes directly to the radio. I honestly prefer this as I'm impatient lol but hoping its not a sign the unit is going bad somehow. Might need to make a service appointment and have them check it.

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

That's the same NO SIGNAL I had back in 2015 with my old BMW.

I remember back in the day when the "Windows CE" Gen1 iDrive failed on my E90 and I had to get a new headunit. The screen was completely black.

1nickatnite1 likes this.
  10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Maybe loose wiring or something? I'm thinking a service visit is the best option.

11. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

I had the exact same "no signal" message about a year ago. It went away quickly and never came back, so I wouldn't worry unless it happens again.

1nickatnite1 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Check a ground on 12 Volt battery

14. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

What a coincidence that this happened again this morning, after getting in the car and before turning it on. The system came on about 2 minutes later, but what's weird is that the navigation showed that the car was off the road, and didn't correct itself for about another 5 minutes. But after that everything was fine. Still won't worry about it unless it happens frequently and it becomes annoying.