All EV family. Comparing Mini to others (Tesla)

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Quiet Mini, Sep 7, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If it's better than my MINI Cooper SE--and if they bring it--that will be my next car, even if it costs more than that.

ghost and SameGuy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jkoya

Jkoya Member

I would also consider the ID.GTI. My first car was a 1979 VW Scirocco and I also bought a 2008 VW R32 (which I really miss). There is a VW dealership near me which I could walk to if worst came to worst. The local Mini dealer is much further and I didn't buy the SE from there because they were charging a $4000 ADM on the SE in 2022 !!

insightman, MichaelC and ghost like this.
  4. ghost

ghost Active Member

Are you guys talking Canadian dollars?

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    No.

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

That sucks how the Roulez vert program is scaling back in 2025 and coming to a close in 2027. Federal one is ending March 31, 2025.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Extension might be in the next budge Federal wise

9. teslarati97

Well shouldn't be a problem with your future 500e - but something to consider when your SE lease is up.

10. MrSnrub

SE we are planning on buying back. Hopefully there will be other options on the market but the rebates always had me thinking it was a Canadian Tire situation. Priced higher then “sale price” is actually regular price

Rogwp, insightman and SameGuy like this.
  11. MrSnrub

We picked this up in Geneva on Friday and its pretty cool to drive but ugh Idrive 8 is terrible. Too many menus and settings its idrive 1 again. 202kph is top speed and it weighs 5300lbs
    IMG_0818.jpeg IMG_0788.jpeg

SameGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MrSnrub

Latest video
    BMW iX EV Road Trip In Germany Is What Driving Should Be Like!

14. insightman

LOL that you knew the reason I was watching your video!

15. teslarati97

Negative. There is no *new* funding for iZEV past March 2025 per budget announcement - it's whenever the remaining ~$600M runs out before the end of the year (about $70M/month). Milk those rebates of Roulez-vert + iZEV and get that Fiat 500e!

16. MrSnrub

As per CBC
    Beyond housing, there's also a promise to top up the incentives for zero-emission vehicles, deliver a new carbon tax rebate for small businesses, increase student grants, launch a $6 billion Canada Disability Benefit, create a $1 billion national school food program and deliver a $900-million top-up to the Indigenous infrastructure program.

17. teslarati97

Budget 2024 proposes to provide $607.9 million over two years, starting in 2024-25, to Transport Canada to top-up the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program. Essentially it's just the continuation to the earlier of $607.9 million being delivered or March 31, 2025.

budget2024izev.JPG

electriceddy likes this.
  18. MrSnrub

My sister inlaw and brother in law are loving their new Vinfast VF8. We went up to Ottawa yesterday and I drafted behind them.

That being said service at the dealer was pretty awful but the manager was understanding and made things right.

IMG_1731.jpeg

19. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Hyundai Ponys sold really well here too...

20. MrSnrub

And now look where Hyundai is now. For what the lease payment is on it.. its a great package

21. insightman

Have you tried to persuade your bro and sister-in-law to report their experiences in the InsideEVs Forums' Vinfast VF8 forum? I've been curious about the brand since I first heard about it more than a year ago.

22. MrSnrub

They arent very social media type. They went from a 2008 Accord to the VF8. Huge leap in tech! So far I’m tech support

23. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

IMG_1430.jpeg