Next generation (J01) MINI Cooper revealed

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by fishbert, Sep 1, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

After seeing the new F66 side by side with the J01, it really highlights how much worse the J01 looks.

Puppethead likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. EAC

EAC New Member

Completely the opposite for me, the shape and design of the J01 looks much better. That said the F66 looks a lot better than I thought it would.

4. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

5. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Now $19.3-20.8 and $23.4-$25.5, respectively. Seems pretty normal given that the car is now 1 y "older"?

6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    There are too many typos, errors and inconsistencies on that MF piece to take any of it seriously.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Typos, errors, and inconsistencies are a MotoringFile staple. Just wouldn't be the same without them.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks for pointing that out. So, if the US-spec J01 weighs the same as the one in the chart, the long-in-coming-to-NA J01 will be only 394 lbs (3,538-3,144) heavier than an Oxford SE. Unfortunately, the US-spec J01 will get heavier if the NHTSA requires changes (NHTSA never rules "add lightness").

I wonder what a J01 SE would weigh with a 114-mile battery? The J01 SEL (L for "light") could be the basis for the cars running in the NXT Gen Cup Touring Series rather than the out-of-production Oxford SE. MINI customers who take their cars to the track would love to have the lightest, most powerful SE, too. If I was going to replace my SE with a J01 (unlikely), I'd want such a lightweight option, too.