What’s you’re highest reported available EV range?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by brentac, Jun 28, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. brentac

brentac Member

What’s you’re highest ev range it’s reported? I’ve hit 60 a couple times with this being my highest. But most days it starts in the low 50s
    509A1FF7-F6EB-485B-B90F-EA672C40088D.jpeg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Yes low 50's most warm summer days. I do believe we had 60 once.

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Ours hovers around 60, but we've hit 66 a couple of times. That's what the computer says anyway. Knowing how wildly incorrect the HV range is, the actual EV range may be a wee bit off, so to speak.

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

My high water mark was 67.2 m
    One person, moderate acceleration, level ground, no non motive drain on battery, max speed 55 mph, 75/25 city/hwy, temps in 70s
    Now w A/C and temps in 90s I’m seeing 62 to 64
    1525FB5E-64BD-4348-9D93-CE34C8FA2AF1.jpeg

6. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

82kms or 51miles.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KyleH

KyleH New Member

Upper 60s/low 70s. I've noticed running the AC more and the higher temps have had a slight impact recently.

9. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

82km (51 miles) is the highest I've seen so far when first getting into the car in the morning after a full charge. But, by using the regen paddle to slow down on my city driving trips, I've had the sum of actual distance driven + range remaining hit 88 km. (55 miles).

Chris Messer likes this.
  10. Schaffer970

Schaffer970 New Member

This was after a long downhill coast and then recharging. Try and beat 84.5 miles 20180603_110139.jpg

Emanuel Green and Kendalf like this.
  11. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

What did it show on the UPHILL climb?

Have to say your HV range estimate looks pretty darn accurate.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. brentac

brentac Member

That’s incredible

14. KentuckyKen

Sorry, but downhill regen EV Range doesn’t count for bragging rights until you reverse the route and go the same distance uphill. I could go down Pike’s Peak and beat that number but it wouldn’t mean anything.

15. Tyler

Tyler New Member

I get 64/65 miles pretty consistently during the summer

16. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

I must be doing something wrong since I was so happy when we hit our high, 57!

I guess the question I have is, are these high #s real? How many are checking their actual mileage with the EV estimate? I’m probably remiss in confirming my actual #s with the projected.

17. vicw

vicw Active Member

That 84.5 miles is pretty amazing, but I'm really interested in the HV of 306, which looks pretty accurate.

I'm curious if you do quite a bit of driving in HV mode, so that, unlike those of us who have been driving almost exclusively in EV, your car has had a good chance to actually measure gas usage rates over time, and whether or not you already have the HV Range Fix installed.

18. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

I've found the EV range to be very accurate, so long as my drive is similar to the previous drive from which the car is calculating the range. Changing driving conditions/style will throw the range estimate off, as the car can't exactly predict how you're going to drive. I do think that Honda uses too short of a time interval for calculating this estimated range--it seems like it only bases the calculation on a very short distance, perhaps less than the last 100 ones or even just the range from last charge. This contributes to inaccuracies in the range as even a single drive that is different than usual conditions can cause the estimate for the next drive to be off. Using a longer range/time period would average out the inconsistencies and provide a more accurate estimate in the long run, I believe.

I found that after I disconnected the negative terminal of the 12V battery (to clear the triple error issue) that my HV range became accurate. Not that this should be a necessary step to get an accurate range reading.

19. vicw

vicw Active Member

I suspect that is just a temporary workaround to the core problem, and after the next gas fillup, the problem would return. Hopefully, the HV Range Fix from Honda will provide a solution to the problem that all of us who charge our cars up regularly, and use little ICE have suffered.

20. Tailwind

Tailwind Active Member

67 once, generally low 60’s. 62-63

21. KentuckyKen

Since my driving conditions for the first 4 months has been very similar, I too have found the EV range estimate to be rather accurate. I don’t let it go all the way to 0, but when I use the odometer milage to check the reduction in the HV range estimate, it’s always within 2 miles of each other. It seems the shorter the milage before charging the larger the discrepancy. I wonder if I let it go to 0 and ICE start if it would match even closer?
    And even if it didn’t, 2 miles is only a 3-4% error depending on the range I’m getting. That’s a pretty good algorithm considering all the variables involved.

22. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

After getting the car for 8 days, I got 88km (55 miles) after full charge. Screenshot_20180821-223118_HondaLink.jpg

Jason N likes this.
  23. vicw

vicw Active Member

I've had my highest EV predictions this month. A couple at 60 and one at 62, but I have had less accuracy on these high predictions than I experienced with them when in the mid to high 50's.

My real-world battery capacity has been 4 or 5 miles below the highest predictions, whereas they had been spot-on in the 50's.