Turn Signals Not Working

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ClarityBill, Jun 20, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Last week, in the rain, I got a message that I had a headlight problem. The headlights, tail lights, and running lights are working fine, but none of the turn signals work. I get the rapid flash on the dashboard when I try to use any of the turn signals. The emergency flashers also do not work.

I am assuming it is a fuse somewhere.... Any suggestions on which fuse, and where it is?

(My car was 'totaled' in front end collision so much of front wiring / lamps are exposed to the elements. I still need to have the lights working, to be street-legal.)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Fuse “g” in box “B” is labeled Hazard.

Quite frequently the “rapid flash” is due to a burned out bulb or some other “air gap” in the circuit.

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

From this diagram, I would conclude that there are two fuses that pertain to the turn signals / hazzards -->
    B3-3 under the hood, and D1 under the dash (Box A)...

upload_2023-6-20_18-34-56.png

upload_2023-6-20_18-54-3.png

upload_2023-6-20_18-54-20.png

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    Robert_Alabama and insightman like this.
  5. ClarityBill

Nothing is easy....

Fuse B3-3 under the hood is not like any fuse I have seen... Actually, looks like a black plastic cover over four fuses. There is a clip on one end of the cover, but the other end would not come off.

Fuse D1 appears to be missing on my Clarity... I did not take it out.

IMG_8215.jpg IMG_8214.jpg IMG_8213.jpg

6. MrFixit

Something is being mirrored... Here is another view from the manual.
    If you look at the values, it is clear that the 10A fuse (closest to the connector, and next to the 'missing' one) is actually D1.

upload_2023-6-21_10-31-27.png

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. You appear to be looking at fuses that are unrelated to the problem you are attempting to solve. Have you consulted the owners manual? IMG_2773.jpeg IMG_2774.jpeg

9. ClarityBill

Turn signals are working now.

It was 10 amp fuse - - D1 (Image is mirrored.)

Thanks for all the help!

Robert_Alabama and MrFixit like this.
  10. MrFixit

Bill:

Glad you got it going... The bigger question remains as to why the fuse blew in the first place.
    With all you collision damage, it is possible that you have a wire somewhere with pinched insulation or similar.
    D1 seems to exclusively be used by the hazards / turn signals.

On the positive side, it it happens again, you have a clear indication of the problem with the 'rapid flash' on the dash.
    Also, you now know where the fuse is, AND it is easy to access !

11. ClarityBill

I would love to find the real problem, but I hate trying to troubleshoot intermittent electrical problems. I just ordered a box of fuses from Amazon...

MrFixit likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. It’ll be interesting to see how persistent the problem remains since the cause of the fault has not been diagnosed.