looking to maybe join the club

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by Raylo, Jun 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Current long term Toyota Tacoma owner looking maybe to add a RAV 4 Prime to the stable. Which will require me to sell my 2016 Corvette, that I love, but just don't use much. With used Vette prices being high making that swap would also leave me with $$ left over. And let me stop daily driving the Tacoma so it will last longer.

Any advice to a would be buyer? I would go for the XSE because I want all the tech and features. It looks like Toyota has a fair number of these in the pipeline but I am in no rush.

And what are you guys using for portable 16 amp Level 2 EVSE's that plug into 30 amp 220V outlets? I am leery of the cheap Chinese offerings on Amazon.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. D Lab

D Lab New Member

I have a 2021 XSE and I love it, best car I have ever owned. HUD and adaptive cruise are the reasons I went top of the line package, but learned to like heated/cooled seats and other bells and whistles I would not normally have ordered. Even the hands free automatic rear hatch opening system, although when I get a trailer hitch, I would have to get someone to move the sensor loop, most installers won't do that, but I've seen people do it on YouTube videos, so it can be done. I would go XSE and all options since you have the money. I am only using the 110 volt charger that came with the car, I think a 240 volt cord would run about $600, but I don't need it around town, just tested 6.6kw system at a public charging station to make sure system works before car goes off warranty in November 2023. Check the Amazon ratings and hope for the best, I think Toyota told me 2 years ago that they do not manufacture a 240 volt cord. Sure you can part with that Corvette? They're sweet cars. I had a 1966 coupe that I sold around 1985 for 6k. It was a little rough, but cool. Put the money toward buying a house which appreciated more than the car, but still kind of miss the car. Can't go wrong with Toyota, my 2001 V6 Camry was going strong when I sold it in 2021. Good luck with the search.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That's news to me. All I hear is long wait times and dealer markups for the RAV4 Prime. Maybe you should order now if you're not in a hurry. It's amazing that the RAV4 Prime is only a second or two slower to 60 mph than your 'Vette.

5. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Agree. OP must be in the Northeast if no wait. I have seen dealers up there with a dozen available at 5k markup as recently as April. Here in the Southeast, one per state per month seems to be about the flow rate (all pre-sold) and they are also applying a similar market adjustment. I don't wish for a recession, but that's what it may take to turn the tables.