Has anyone needed their extended warranty?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SSpiffy, Dec 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Of course not…just trying to make a point that insurance/warranty law is very complicated. It is up to the drafter of the warranty to know or exercise a modicum of due diligence to advise their customer what is or is not covered before they start the work. 50/50 is not acceptable. A less informed customer is at their mercy.
    The dealer should have used due diligence to advise me of that provision. Buyer Beware! Seller Beware!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The “50/50” statement from the dealer is not a part of the contract. While you may perceive their statement as ambiguous, the “ambiguity gotcha” that you mentioned previously pertains to the wording in the contract, not what the dealer tells you.

The dealer has put their ignorance on parade. Either they haven’t read the contract or they have failed to comprehend the clear wording in the contract, which states that the only part of the exterior mirrors that is covered is the heated glass. It is also the responsibility of the consumer to understand the contract. An ignorant consumer can easily become a victim of a self inflicted wound. The due diligence is on you.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  4. A friend pull into my garage driving my car and closed the garage garage door and it scraped my fender causing an estimated 2000-3000 to fix like new. Despite opinions by insurance professionals, the coverage was under your collision coverage not comprehensive. 1000 deductible v. 0 deductible. Everyone besides the adjuster in charge was shocked and astounded including my agent and everyone in their office. After research, the adjuster was probably right but no one including insurance pros agreed on my initial claim. Matter of interpretation.
    if the garage door just collapsed and fell on the car it was a comprehensive claim.
    Interpreting insurance contracts are in the eye of the beholder. I might be able to win that one if I litigated that issue.
    I might bet the 125 on my next visit just to determine if it might be covered…sort of like Vegas. It is a 50/50 bet which ain’t bad odds..Good luck. Your certainty on this issue is astounding.

5. Thank you. It’s really just basic reading and comprehension skills. Excluded parts are specifically listed in the contract. A 3rd grader would get it.

It can also prove beneficial to understand the differences between warranties, service contracts and insurance policies. Rambling on about one, while attempting to make a point about another, could leave a person in a perpetual state of confusion.

Best of luck with the mirror. Maybe just push harder or have your friend plow into the garage and knock it off.

6. Contract law is contract law. Insurance, warranties, sales contracts, worker contracts…...each are reviewed by the general laws on the interpretation of a contract. Courts are the final arbiter of the meaning and intent of a contractual term. It is still a 50/50 shot according to Honda who wrote the Hondacare warranty. I would love to cross exam that service advisor..so, Mr. Service Advisor “you told him it was a 50/50 deal? What part of the warranty were you referencing? What defect would be covered under your 50/50 scenario? What defect would not be covered? You don’t know? Are you lying now or were you lying at your dealership? Hopefully he would not be familiar with the parol evidence rule but it is probably 50/50.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I’d like to be in the courtroom when you are questioned. It would be like watching a Monty Python skit.

9. Brian Clarity

Brian Clarity New Member

I have the 8 years /100000 mile warranty
    Used it once after the 3 year lease term when i decided to purchase the car

Driver side door wasnt sensing the key fob so it wasnt unlocking when coming in close contact with the car and the door wasnt locking at all after alarming the car.

I was having to manually lock the door, close it them alarm the car so all 4 doors would be locked

Luckily it was covered in the extended warranty
    Cost of labor and materials equated to the same amount as what i paid for the warranty

no hassle, no questions, went straight to get repaired at no cost and headache.

also had ac unit replaced but i believe that was a recall

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.
  10. During my recent map update, I mentioned to my service advisor that my side mirrors not folding as designed. He again told me 125 for diagnosis. I approved. Called me 2 hours later and said they would both be replaced under My Hondacare warranty. They did not even bother to take the mirror assembly apart for a diagnosis.already done.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Both mirrors simply wouldn't fold when you pressed on them? I'm surprised they would both fail. As we've learned from member reports on this forum, disassembling and reassembling the side mirrors is not an easy job, so it's not surprising disassembly for diagnosis wasn't attempted. You won the extended-warranty wager.

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Hondacare replaced the passenger side mirror because you almost had to be a strongman to fold it. Ironically the new one is still tough to fold but it is slightly better. The old driver’s side mirror was immovable. Now with the new one, it folds easily, ironically much smoother than the new passenger side mirror.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    insightman likes this.