Stolen radar sensor?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by kcsunshine, Apr 19, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

Anyone have their radar sensor stolen on the clarity? My in-law got it stolen from their CRV and I want to check if thieves are stealing it from clarities. I found a video from "RB the mechanic" that mentions a plug-in honda hybrid. Is there anyway to protect it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Park up against a wall with your front bumper just an inch away. In your favor is the rarity of the Clarity. A thief knows there's a market for CR-V parts because there are so many CR-Vs on the road. There aren't many people looking for purloined Clarity parts.

neal adkins likes this.
  4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

Very true. I guess nobody mentioning it here in this forum means it is not widespread.

5. insightman

There was one forum member whose radar sensor cover was stolen, but the radar sensor wasn't as attractive to the thief as that giant Honda logo.

6. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Would be quite surprising if Honda did not make this device to universally fit several models.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

We can only hope radar-sensor thieves don't believe that.

9. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Well, the online Honda parts outlets show the Radar sub-assembly as (36802-TRW-A04).
    No other "Vehicle Fitments" are shown which means that it is unique to the Clarity. BTW - It sells for $520.

Interestingly, the Honda "Emblem" which @insightman noted was stolen from another forum member sells for $311. It is also Clarity-specific.

As usual, the price for OEM replacement parts is baffling. The $520 for the radar doesn't seem too outrageous to me, but $311 for a plastic logo ???

And, it is indeed baffling as to why the Radar unit could not have been the same as used in other Honda models.

insightman likes this.