Clarity Sightings

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hi.Ho.Silver, Mar 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I have almost been fooled by Crosstours a few times but I always think, "Our car doesn't look that ugly, does it?"

dstrauss likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

IMO, the Clarity is far more attractive than the Crosstour and the Crosstour isn't all that bad.

4. Baekacaek

Baekacaek New Member

I live in the Silicon Valley and there’s quite a lot of them here. Most of the times, I see at least one other clarity in my daily commute of 1 hour.

There’s also a crap ton of bolts, leafs, Tesla s, and other EVs. I think I see more Tesla S than I see Honda accords.

5. Saw our 2nd Clarity in the wild, a white base model parked in Vieux Montréal while we were vacationing. I almost snapped a pic given how hard it seems for you northerners to get your hands on a Clarity (and a base model as well)!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. MikeB

MikeB Member

I've been watching for them here in the western suburbs of Philly since early March, when I started car shopping and put Clarity on my list. None spotted other than mine and on dealer lots so far.
    BTW - thanks to all who post on this forum. It has been very helpful to this new Clarity owner.

Kestrel and K8QM like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Why do they call it "Silicon Valley" - shouldn't it be called "LPM (License to Print Money) Valley?"

9. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Just saw another Crimson Pearl like ours in Lansing MI. Driver was a lot younger than us!

10. Blizzardfox

Blizzardfox New Member

I'm seeing them much much more often around here (NorCal). I'm starting to learn the differences between each of the models. I have the FC, I can spot the PHEV from the fender door, the EV is a little harder to tell the difference on. Glad to see them out there, though.

11. vicw

vicw Active Member

I've only seen one other Clarity during my first five months. It was turning on to our path, just in front of us, while we were driving in our local area around Southern Pines, NC. I would have liked to have talked with him to see if he is local or visiting our area, but I realized that would not be wise.

I do like that fact that the Clarity is so easy to spot. Those rear wheel skirts really ID it easily, for better or worse.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, "You call that a rear wheel skirt? This is a rear wheel skirt!"

[​IMG]

Yesterday, I had the pleasant surprise of having a black Clarity pull up behind me at a stoplight in Ann Arbor--only the 2nd Clarity I've seen other than ours. The hockey-stick DRLs are the easy giveaway when you can't see the side of the car. It was all I could do to stay in my seat instead of jumping out, running back and talking to the woman in that Clarity. If she'd indicated recognition by flashing her lights as she pulled up, I'd have bolted out of my car for sure.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  14. Blizzardfox

Blizzardfox New Member

THOSE are some wheel skirts!

I'm fortunate that we all have to go to the same damn place to get H2, so I've met (I believe) all of the local Clarity fuel cell owners and most of the Mirai owners. Nary a single Santa Fe FC has deigned visit us, though. The PHEV is getting very very popular here.

Those hockey stick DRLs are one of my favorite aesthetic features of the car, honestly.

15. insightman

This is the photo I put on my phone to show people while I was waiting for months for our Clarity PHEV to be delivered in December. It doesn't show much of the car, but it's the most impressive view IMHO.

[​IMG]

16. Blizzardfox

Blizzardfox New Member

My friends refer to them as 'the fangs'. I wholeheartedly approve of this moniker.

17. brentac

brentac Member

I got my clairity in February. About two weeks ago I finally saw one. ,y 6 year old was excited. She’s been looking for them

18. CaryLyn

CaryLyn New Member

I was driving my son to school the other morning and was stopped at the signal to get on the freeway. Another car rolled up to me and the man started nodding and signaling me to roll down my window. I was a little weirded out and tried to ignore him.
    As the signal turned and we both got on the freeway I noticed he was driving a Clarity. My first sighting and I had been so rude! I, of course, wanted to right my wrong, so I drove alongside of him, rolled down the passenger window, and my son gave him a thumbs up. He laughed. I haven’t seen him or any others since. I hope the Clarity’s get more popular in SoCal.

19. alyssai

alyssai Member

My sister calls them sideburns

Blizzardfox likes this.
  20. Mithil

Mithil New Member

I've not seen one since buying mine in May. Although, I did see one on the free way when I was coming back from my test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

21. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I saw my first Tesla Model 3 driving through Charleston, WV, so that is one Clarity and one Model 3 I have seen so far. It will be interesting to see which one I end up seeing most often.

22. insightman

I've seen 3 Model 3s and only 2 Claritys.

23. Blizzardfox

Blizzardfox New Member

I'm spoiled for choice living out here. We see a lot of Model 3s, the S, the X, regularly. I've seen a few Fisker Karmas still plying the roads and looking like they just came off the factory floor. Then just tons and tons of CT6 plug-ins, Audi E-Trons, Golf-E, and so on. The carpool stickers really help to incentivize purchasing a plug-in, electric or alt-fuel vehicle, even though they're changing the system.