$2500 Texas rebate is up and running

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by oko, Jun 14, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. oko

oko Member

I searched the forums but could not find any info. I applied today for the rebate. I hand delivered the documents since it was just a few miles from my house. Does anyone have any experience how long it will take to get it? It seems up and running since May 31st.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html

dstrauss and AndyBA like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AndyBA

AndyBA New Member

I don't have an answer, but I appreciate you posting the link!

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Thanks @oko - filling out my application ASAP!

5. bfd

bfd Active Member

Don't know about Tejas, but in Cali it took almost 4 months from initial forms sent to bank deposit.

6. visajet

visajet New Member

Curious if anyone has received their rebate check yet (I haven't).......

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Young J Kwak

Young J Kwak Member

9. oko

oko Member

I sent an email asking about it, and to my surprise, got a response 13 minutes later! It says my application is about to be approved and I should get my "contract" shortly. I submitted about 40 days ago.

AndyBA likes this.
  10. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

I sugmitted an application in early June. No word yet from TCEQ (now late July). I called last week to inquire about status, and was told my application should finish "processing" during August.

AndyBA likes this.
  11. MatthewBroderick

MatthewBroderick New Member

I got my rebate check yesterday. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

AndyBA likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. visajet

visajet New Member

Thanks all for your replies. I received my "contract" in the mail last Friday. It said payment will be sent in 30 days, and maybe delayed up to 90 days due to high volume of submissions.

14. dstrauss

All I got was an email saying they needed a copy of my original registration, which I got and forwarded to them in early July...nothing else...

UPDATE - just emailed the examining officer on mine (07/30/18) and he said it cleared review and said "I would expect to look for a check in the next few weeks ideally." So in government speak, maybe by the end of August. Good news indeed.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  15. oko

oko Member

Received my contract today. No check yet. 48 days after submission.

Matthew: How long did it take you to get the check after the contract?

16. MatthewBroderick

MatthewBroderick New Member

@oko - Oddly enough, I got it a day before the contract. I mailed my application in the day after it opened for what it's worth.

17. oko

oko Member

I received my check, 5 days after the contract, 53 days after submission.

I posted this info on some other forums also. The comments were like this: "Texas is paying for electric car? Is it for NOT buying an electric car?" :).

AndyBA and dstrauss like this.
  18. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Received both my contract and the TCEQ check for $2500 today -- both postmarked the same date!

AndyBA likes this.
  19. dstrauss

That would be funny but for the fact that Texas produces the most wind power in the country...and NO it is not hot air from bragging rights....

oko likes this.