Sirius XM "Requested Channel is not Available" Error

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rajiv Vaidyanathan, Feb 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I started seeing the problem today after I enabled the Channel Mix setting. I thought it would effectively give me additional presets, which is not what it does. I will likely turn this setting back off.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gmansuperg

gmansuperg New Member

Happened to me yesterday on a 2018 Clarity PHEV. I was driving and switching stations via the steering wheel controls when a text message came through on my phone. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but the message appeared pretty much immediately after had the car read my text to me. I tried a reboot on the info system (long press on the Audio power soft button), and it goes away but comes back as soon as I switch stations. Also goes away after a power cycle on the car but comes back. I guess I'll try some of the recommendations in this thread and see what happens.

4. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

Yes, I have Mix Channel ON all the time now. I simply switch to a channel that is not preset, replace one of my presets with the channel (and then switch back to the original preset if I want) and that takes care of the problem.

In summary, the fastest fix to the problem seems to be to set a new preset channel and the problem is gone.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Mine happens so frequently that every preset would be "Mixed" before long...

6. DVoran

DVoran Member

My XM radio went silent 2 days ago and doesn't display any channels.
    SiriusXM radio refresh didn't work.
    Just got off the phone with Sirius and we couldn't get it resolved. Refreshing didn't help. Soft reboot (turn audio off, cara off, door open for 1 minute) didn't work.
    Don't see any channels anymore and the 000 Chanel that should show the radio ID shows "No Info".
    Sirius "strongly suggested" to take the car into the dealer.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Are you at the end of the 90 day free trial period maybe?

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My sister's Subaru does the DVR trick on regular radio stations. Why does Subaru have a more advanced radio than Honda?

10. DVoran

DVoran Member

No. Definitely have both radios (2 cars) registered and up-to-date.

11. DVoran

DVoran Member

Sirius XM support thinks the satellite radio unit in the Clarity has malfunctioned. All of the other connectivity (Honda Link), radio, mapping, work. But what's interesting is the Owl cam's Live View also isn't working.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DVoran

DVoran Member

Took it in and it was a very simple fix. Technician unplugged the radio fuse, reinserted it and restarted the radio. Everything is working well now.

Jason N likes this.