Every warning light came on at once?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Chris Messer, Apr 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

A few days back what I believe to be every warning light popped on. Lane Assist , Electric Braking, Hill Assist (whatever that is) , adapative cruise , and others all flashed in a row. Each time I go out at least a couple come on , sometimes it's 1 or 2 , sometimes it's a chain of many.

It doesn't seem to impact driving at all, but I am done my lease in 4 months so not too thrilled about having to replace something if it turns out to be a computer issue.

I will be taking it to the garage soon enough to get summer tires put on , but wondering if there is some sort of reset I could do here?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Check your 12 volt battery age and voltage which should be a resting voltage of 12.6 v. If the battery is good then disconnect the negative for a few minutes then reconnect. Drive for a while and everything should disappear. This has been discussed in numerous threads on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Towle and JFon101231 like this.
  4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Yup... 12v battery is probably due for replacement.

5. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Also to Chris (the OP), feedback is appreciated. I mean I think the idea that it's the 12v battery is correct, but its always nice to hear how it goes for you.

6. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

I will first find out how to check that and I will let you all know!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

I'm in Oregon, and places like Les Schwab tires will test a battery for free if you don't have easy access to a volt meter. Of course, they hope to sell you a battery if need be. The actual Honda branded batteries seemed reasonably priced - you can find a whole thread on batteries in this forum. It seemed that the original battery that came with the car has a lessor warranty than if you buy a replacement honda battery (if memory serves). If the battery checks good, you can try the remove the negative terminal and replace. Drive 10 miles to have all the scary warnings go away. Removing the terminal definitely causes weird errors even if you aren't already seeing some.

My own 2018's 12v battery has been good so far, but Western Oregon doesn't get very hot and I've had car batteries routinely last more than 10 years. I suspect that's unusual but I don't live in a place that gets hot for long.

9. Chris Messer

Chris Messer Member

Hey all, I forgot to update on this. It turned out that the lights were somehow triggered by the brakes needing to be replaced. Once I got that work done , everything is working as expected. THank goodness, I didn't want to have to pay for any CPU replacement.

FYI , brakes on these things are darn pricey.

10. mustermutti

mustermutti Member

That sounds like a dealer/service center bogus story. I also had all lights go on once, brought it in, and they told me it was because the radar sensor needed to be cleaned.

This seems to just be something that happens every once in a while with this car, probably battery related. From what I understand the 12V battery management system is just not great. Luckily it's rare, fixes itself and doesn't seem to affect drive-ability.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

Which brakes did you get replaced? How many miles on car?

I have 165K miles on my Clarity, and I think the front pads are scraping the rotors, but I do not have any warning lights. I bought front pads and rotors from RockAuto, but have not replaced yet.

13. The dash warning lights were somehow triggered by the brakes needing to be replaced?

Is there even a sensor that measures brake pad thickness or rotor wear which would transmit data to the main brain and cause such a stir?

Please share with us the garage/dealership that provided you with this explanation.