Jaguar spending on some charging stations ahead of I-Pace arrival

Discussion in 'I-Pace' started by Domenick, Feb 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jaguar Will Commit Millions Into Charging Infrastructure To Support I-Pace

JLR Australia exec was talking up some charging infrastruture spending. He was a little vague, I thought, about where chargers would be placed, aside from the obligatory dealership installations.

He also mentions that he doesn't believe it's the place of the company to build out infrastruture for electric cars. Personally, I think it makes sense to have all the elements in place you'll need to make your customer's experience a positive one. If an element like high-speed charging isn't in place, you do whatever you have to do to put it in place.

Which, is kind of what I think they're doing here. It's hard to judge the size of the effort by the dollars attached to it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Tesla has repeatedly stated Supercharging is open to all. All Tesla wants is a few bucks to help build it out. I understand the "I don't want my Porsche at a Tesla charger" attitude but is it worth not having a long distance infrastructure?

I certainly will try to hook up to Jaguar chargers with my Tesla, buying whatever adapter is needed.

Domenick likes this.
  4. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

Tesla superchargers will not charge I-Pace, I-Pace runs a 450v battery, Tesla superchargers top out at 410v