North Poll aka Canada ;): Clarity delivery ETA wait times

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Canadian Clarity ETA

1. 2-3 weeks

13.6%
  2. 4 weeks

4.5%
  3. 6 weeks

4.5%
  4. 8 weeks

11.4%
  5. 12 weeks

18.2%
  6. 16 weeks

2.3%
  7. Dealer has no clue...Thanks Honda Canada!

45.5%
  1. Jason

Jason New Member

Who's your salesperson? I ordered mine from Ottawa Honda on March 9. Sam was my sales guy. Been texting every few weeks and always told the same thing: "Need to be patient with the Clarity.... check back in a few weeks". I ordered green touring.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

No one but Honda and the dealers know.
    I thought you would be more upset about not getting the rebate.

4. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

As I indicated earlier, the rebate is a function of booking date,so I will still keep my booking, so I will not loose rebate

5. WindsorBoy

WindsorBoy New Member

Touring. Pearl White.

6. benbar21

benbar21 New Member

We unfortunately have no way of knowing this.

When the rebate was changed last time, people with order dates prior to the change had 6 months to get the rebate at the same price.

However, we do not know if this will be the same next time the rebate is changed. You could very well not get the rebate if the PC win and decide to kill the rebate. Hell, they could technically decide to stop giving them out all together, even for people who are still just waiting on the rebate (though I doubt they'd do they that)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. side eye

side eye New Member

This is completely off topic from the thread but does anyone know if Honda will add a battery only mode or a way to keep regenerative braking on all the time? I think these 2 features can be implemented through an update.

9. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

Should I have soft or hard boiled eggs for breakfast?

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's easier to predict what someone I've never met is going to have for breakfast than what Honda plans to do.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  11. BigAle

BigAle New Member

Yep we have the same guy, Sam. I ordered white base in mid April.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Jaketesla

Jaketesla Member

I dealt with James at Ottawa Honda. I went in mid-January and test drove the grey Touring. I asked about ordering a base model but they couldn't tell me when it would arrive because they were only going to get around 6 Clarity's all year, so I decided to just buy the one they had. Boy am I glad I did that! I really hope you all get your cars soon. I love it and I'm sure you will too. Hang in there :)

14. Jason

Jason New Member

I wish Sam had told me that. I was supposed to meet with James but he was busy when I went in. Instead I was introduced to Sam. He said they had sold a few this year and that the wait would be "a few weeks... 2 months max"! I don't know for sure how many they sold before I signed my papers. Hopefully it wasn't more than 6! In any event, I'm not expecting to get it any time soon. Very disappointed.

15. Webstein

Webstein New Member

Long story for me...

Started in Ottawa where I live. Called Hunt Club Honda and they said “we only got 4 and they’re sold”. Okay then. Called Ottawa Honda and was told to come in and speak to a salesperson and do a test drive. Met with a salesperson, forgot his names James or Chris. Test drove the Clarity and loved it. The salesman told me it would take 6 months to get mine. I tried to haggle and was told “lul no”. I said at least throw in winter mats and was still told no. So I said no. I understand there is high demand but at least make me feel good about purchasing your vehicle by throwing something in.

I did not give up. Ontario’s EV market is intense. Since my parents live in Montreal and I commute regularly, I started shopping there instead. You can purchase your vehicle out of province but still get your Ontario EV rebate as long as you plate and register it in Ontario. I found a floor model at Spinelli Honda that I could get right away. It was white exterior with black interior which is what I wanted. But thinking about the 100s of people that have been in the vehicle made me get cold feet. I then talked with Honda Laval who promised they could get me one ASAP with a delivery date of that Friday. I said great lets do it. Left a 500 deposit and left. Thursday I called and asked if it was ready they said “What? No one promised that. You will have to wait a few more weeks as we cant find one.” I was furious. They baited me in to the commitment and now were fishing me along for the wait. I cancelled on the spot. They reimbursed my 500 deposit.

I called around and Honda St-Eustache told me they could get me one within a week. I visited and spoke with a salesman. Told him my whole experience with Honda has been a joke thus far. He apologized, spoke with his sales manager and they threw in winter matts and a discounted warranty along with a loaner car (another long story as to why I needed the loaner car) until my Clarity arrived. I trusted them to get it within a week because I had their loaner car and they had motivation to get it back asap. Gave 500 deposit. They found a car within a week. They had to have someone drive one from Rouyn-Noranda which is like 7 hours away in northern Quebec. Was very happy with my service at St-Eustache Honda. Finally, a Honda dealership that actually gave a sh*t about their customers for once.

Quite a long journey but it was all worth it as I love my Clarity!

16. lorem101

lorem101 Member

Can you get plates for the car in Ontario and then pick it up in Quebec and drive it back?

17. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

18. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

MarkClarity likes this.
  19. Webstein

Webstein New Member

I am not sure. When I purchased the Clarity from the dealer I asked them for a dealer transit tag. It allows for you to drive the vehicle for up to ten days (I think) until you get the plates at Service Ontario.

lorem101 likes this.
  20. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

You can do it either way; temporary tags, or if you have all the required info you can get the plates first and put them on the vehicle the moment you pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

21. cjp

cjp New Member

Heard this from other dealerships too. Honda will discontinue the Clarity 2018 production. They say they're losing $8k per sale. They didn't expect anyone to want it.

Some big dealerships may get maybe three more for the year, but they can really pick and choose who they sell to. This means haggling and negotiating is very difficult because the demand is so high.

Still waiting on my Clarity...

22. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Well if Honda's upper management "they didn't expect anyone to want it', then Honda are SO OUT OF TOUCH with their potential buyers and it also means they have no idea what if any competitions are out there for this car. Do they not have a research dept in Honda to find out what the market is looking for or how good/bad their cars are?

THAT does not bode well for Honda's future

23. cjp

cjp New Member

I agree. My guess is that they just wanted to rush their feet into the EV industry so they don't look like they're late in the game.

This is probably why they are also pumping out more touring trims. They make an extra 4k for no real added benefits. The dealership I'm looking at told me if I upgrade to a touring they will put me next in line. Six other buyers are waiting for the base plug-in model. I said why not. Hopefully I can grab a 2018 touring.