North Poll aka Canada ;): Clarity delivery ETA wait times

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Canadian Clarity ETA

1. 2-3 weeks

13.6%
  2. 4 weeks

4.5%
  3. 6 weeks

4.5%
  4. 8 weeks

11.4%
  5. 12 weeks

18.2%
  6. 16 weeks

2.3%
  7. Dealer has no clue...Thanks Honda Canada!

45.5%
  1. Serge

Serge New Member

Order my grey base Clarity in Gatineau on March 19. Dealer confirm delivery around June 14, today. They really don't want to sale this car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CreacentMike

CreacentMike New Member

I should have mentioned that I live near Vancouver, BC.

4. BigAle

BigAle New Member

benmwaldie, I sure hope you do get it in 1 month, that would mean that we would ALL get it within the next month :) Keep asking the dealer for for the VIN number.

5. Pilot172

Pilot172 New Member

Ordered a grey base model on Feb 2nd from a GTA dealer. Still no production date.

6. side eye

side eye New Member

I don't think anyone is getting a Clarity in a month's time if you just ordered it in the past month. I was told my wait would be 6 weeks and I'm now at week 12 and no info on when the car will be here.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. benmwaldie

benmwaldie New Member

While I haven't gotten a specific number. I have been assured multiple times by both the sales manager and financial manager that the car will arrive no later than the end of june. While I realize a dealers word is not always the gospel truth these guys seem pretty confident. I should have a VIN by the end of the week.

9. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

If this was a dealer's order to put the car on the lot which was already existing, and then converted to a customer's sale order the wait time could be much lower than the rest of us later in the queue.

If you get a VIN let us know the number (or the range) so we can gauge the approximate size of the next batch to arrive. The last batch to show up was around 15 cars a full month ago (495-509). Honda better get some more cars here quickly if they want to even maintain April's volume of 73 cars!

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  10. karenlm

karenlm New Member

I placed my order about a month ago and I received no updates from my dealer, they generally respond once a week. After reading this forum every once in a while I realized that the wait is going to be very long. I'm considering cancelling my order and getting another car, but not many cars in the same price range can match up to the clarity.

Do you guys think Honda will release a large batch in the upcoming months? BTW, I ordered a grey base model. Seeing how people are saying Honda prioritizes touring models, do you think I'll even be able to get my car in 6 months?

11. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

If anyone knows (Honda or the dealers) they are not saying. Someone said earlier that Sisely Honda is not longer taking orders and the only thing that has come in since February so far are Touring models.
    If you need a car don't count on this one arriving anytime soon if at all.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MarkClarity

There have definitely been base models coming in regularly, but only about 25% of the ones showing up on dealer's web sites are base models. That may be the ratio of cars coming in, or the base models are going directly to customers, bypassing the web site.

The dealers have no info, but if you are planning to cancel, maybe try letting Honda Canada know, and escalate up the chain of command via email or phone and see if you can get any info about when your order will be filled. At the very least open a ticket with Honda Canada to get them to do some investigation.

14. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

I was discouraged by a car broker from going to Montreal, I was under the impression it would have been quicker to get one from Montreal. Waiting to see if that is true. Always good to buy local though.

15. ab13

ab13 Active Member

I would expect the factory to manufacture in planned shifts, such as the US model for a few months then the Canada model, then back to the US model. However, how many and when is probably only known to Honda Canada. At this point, the US has inventory for a couple of months or so, so I would have hoped they moved to the Canada model in the factory.

16. benbar21

benbar21 New Member

I actually found a Green Touring at a dealer in Quebec today (I live in the GTA) and was going to go ahead with it, but also spoke with a family friend who is a car broker of sorts and he recommended against it as well. Plus, when I spoke with the dealership they were unsure if they could legally sell a car to me that they had on lot as they were under the impression that, as they already had it, it had to be sold in Quebec under the Quebec rebate.

17. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

?
    That doesn't sound right. Then again who of us knows how they manufacture cars that are so similar on the same line?

18. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

25% of 4 is 1 which is basically nothing.
    You have been watching closely. How many cars have they brought in?

19. MarkClarity

Here is some info from a tour of the Sayama Plant

Also from the list of Honda Plants, this one makes the following vehicles:
    Honda Accord
    Honda Prelude
    Honda Fit
    Honda Odyssey
    Honda CR-V
    Acura TL
    Honda Legend
    Acura RL
    Acura TSX
    Honda Clarity PHEV

So it must have very flexible assembly lines. Honda targeted 75,000 units per year, but appear to be importing about 1,000 per week to the US.

20. ab13

ab13 Active Member

21. MarkClarity

VIN number 525 (Base model) just showed up on cargurus today, so since I have been monitoring the VINs at the start of April, the number has gone from 471 to 525 which would be 13 Base and 41 Touring with the 1 to 4 ratio.

prestoOne likes this.
  22. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

They sold 119 Claritys in march alone......so at this rate they will fill those orders by April of 2019?

Why bother selling any at all if their goal was only 10 per month?

OK. Going to talk to the dealer on Monday, if still no word I guess I have to start shopping again, really wanted a plug-in EV but it looks like a Corolla may be in my future.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  23. MarkClarity

I was wondering why the car shipments seemed to have stopped for the last two weeks, so I looked up the holidays in Japan, and there is a Golden Week holiday for the first week of May which shuts down factories and shipping. So there should be a bit of catch up with the shipping now, but may still be a one week gap of car volume for the month of May.