Purchase advice

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by rujulm, Aug 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rujulm

rujulm New Member

New member. Have been reading the forum for days. Just got a 2019 Clarity Base with 6K miles on a 24 hour test drive from CarMax. I had the car transferred for $99 from LA area to Houston (not a bad deal).

I just did the OBDII test and the battery capacity is 52.68 Ah.

I have till tomorrow to purchase. Any words of advice. What other things should I check.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

My Advice - Congratulations !!

4. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

You want to buy mine?

2020 touring with 7500 miles. White and tan interior. Down side, you'll have to ship it or take a road trip home to Texas

5. I would pay very close attention to the driver's seat. If you are well under 6 ft. it is not likely a problem, but if you are over 6 ft. it might be. I would have liked to buy the Base model but had to opt for the Touring since the seats are significantly different between the two, and the limited adjustment on the base model does not provide adaquate support for my legs.

6. What’s the price?

The biggest negative, for me, on the base is the mechanically adjustable seats. The driver’s seat can’t be adjusted to the same positions as the touring model seat. Unfortunately, Honda saved a dime and didn’t provide the same adjustability to the passenger seat.

BrianRC likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

If I'm looking at the same car, I saw it for $25k

But I agree with the seat comments, I traded in my 2018 base for a touring for the terrible adjustability of the seats

9. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

What “OBDII test” did you perform. And which battery value gave you 52.68 Ah?

10. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

11. If the base model uses the same wiring harness, and the connectors are in place, it should be pretty simple. The drivers side interior fuse box houses #31-33 which are the fuses for seat adjustments and seat heaters. If those are in place it may indicate that the same harness is shared between the two models. Just a guess on my part that Honda wouldn’t make 2 separate harnesses, but they have been known to make some odd decisions in the past. You’d want to get the seat heater switches as well.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

My advice is that if you can wait 6 months to buy, not just the Clarity but any car. If you cannot wait that long then yes it is a solid car and beats any car in terms of running cost, comfort and practicality.

14. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Sound advice. Cars (both new and used) are selling for crazy high prices right now thanks to the chip shortage. I'm holding off until next summer to see what the market looks like then. Still love my '18 Clarity Base, but am ready to make the leap to a full EV.

15. rujulm

rujulm New Member

Yes I would if I could. But we lost a car to fender bender last year and pulled on with a single car but the work from situation is changing to office commute is next month.

16. rujulm

rujulm New Member

I got the car for 10 days now and thoroughly enjoying it. Can’t believe how silent the ride is.

One queen for the wise. CarMax offered a 100K 60 mo. ($200 deductible) extended warranty for 1.5K. Seems competitive to HondaCare. They said everything except the HV Battery is covered and the warranty can be used at a Honda dealership.

What do you all think. Keep or shop for online HondaCare next year?

17. dnb

dnb Active Member

Shop for HondaCare online, you'll get $0 deducible 100k 60month for 1.3-1.5k

Try these:

College Hills Honda

Saccucci Honda

Curry Honda

18. John Schwab

John Schwab New Member

I bought my HondaCare from Hyannis Honda. Sean Rausch was a pleasure to work with.