Hondalink 2020 Clarity

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by mattheo0118, Jan 28, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

Hey all,

Looking for some help. I'm trying to connect the Hondalink app to my car and Everytime I try it, it asks for an "activation code"... I've owned 2 2018 and I've never had to put in an activation code.. I called Honda to help and they were useless. The customer care center transferred me over to the Honda Link team and they said my car shouldn't ask for the activation code because it doesn't support the monthly services Hondalink provides for a fee...

Any help on this would be great! I hate that I can't program my car to charge at midnight

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Boston_Pilot

Boston_Pilot Active Member

If it’s used, you have to “take over” the account. That starts with 1 code, and then another a few days later. If it’s brand new, I never heard of an activation code.

4. mattheo0118

mattheo0118 Member

No, bought it brand new at the end of November with 4 miles on it

5. Random.Clarity

Random.Clarity New Member

The activation code is sent to the vehicle. You can go and check the Hondalink messages and there should be one with the code.

6. I had the same problem with my 2020 bought in September. First off, you don't need the app to schedule the timer. You can do that with the steering wheel controls in the car. Click on the "i" and then click on the settings "gear."

Even though I opened a ticket with second level Honda tech support, they were no help. And you do not need a code to be sent. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I remember I was inside the car trying over and over again. I think erasing whatever it was in the head unit and starting from scratch as per the user manual is what resolved it for me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Rajiv Vaidyanathan Active Member

I have a different problem (2018 Clarity). It has suddenly started asking me to log in again. When I put in my password it gives me an error. So, I clicked on the "forgot password" link and go through the whole process and then simply get an "Unable to change password. Please try again later." message.

I've tried again for three weeks now with the same result. Any idea who I should call? The app does not say.

9. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

I had the same issue. Deleted the app, went through password reset and used the existing password again and I was able to log in.

Domenick likes this.
  10. TomL

TomL Active Member

Maybe this will solve my problem I started with a similar thread. I'll try it.

11. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

Just tried this and no luck. Same error. Just says "Unable to change password. Please try again later."

Does someone have ANY contact number for HondaLink to try and get help?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

When I had an issue with hondalink, I came to a dealership, they opened a case with Honda and gave me a case number.
    Then I do not remember - either I called regular honda support and quoted the number or they called me back - but after several troubleshooting sessions with them on the phone issue was solved.

14. gedwin

gedwin Member

Just open a case within the app itself. My past experience is that you will receive a phone call from the Honda support people quickly. (Within a day.)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

15. Rajiv Vaidyanathan

But, this whole thread is about the fact that it doesn't let me into the app.

UPDATE: But, I found that Honda has been working on some Universal Login system and I was also unable to get into my Honda Financial Services account. Yesterday, I was finally able to get in and tried the Hondalink app - IT WORKED> So, definitely something weird going on with their login system transition that has now been fixed.