Worldwide recall according to this 11 Oct news item.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by KiwiME, Oct 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Blue link is built into the car, no dongle needed.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Actually using telematics to connect services :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Blue_Link
    (must be different in the Land Down Under)
    A feature I have not yet enabled on my newer model (the little red dot on the right top of the screen) and will probably refrain from doing so. It can be enabled at any time for the "free 3 year subscription" if I decide to use it, but would have to provide a lot more useful information and reliability before I would consider.
    The "accept" nag screen pops up intermittently which kind of annoys me, hopefully that goes away with time .
    Sorry for drifting OT:oops:

4. Don't assume every Kona EV is the same as your own. Many early Kona EVs worldwide do not have Bluelink.

5. Ok.
    The AutoLink unit includes a 4G SIM card paid for by Hyundai (yes, I really paid for it when I bought the car :().
    I ditched it because it also tracks exactly where you go (GPS) and how fast you get there.
    Honestly, the data is more help to Hyundai than me.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. I got the "Safety Recall" e-mail from Hyundai.us on 11/3. Have not yet called my dealer (Reeves, Cerritos, CA) yet. Anyone had it done at Reeves Cerritos?Hoping this dealer is OK doing this.

BTW, the e-mail was buried in my Spam folder.
    Many thx for this forum.
    Ed

Domenick and KiwiME like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Mine is an early 2019 model and has it, again in the U.S.

9. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

Hey, that's my dealer as well, haven't got the notice though and I am waiting to hear from others.

10. Ontario, Canada. Just received the written recall notice now. Advises parking away from structures. Doesn't mention anything about unplugging or maximum charge limits. Says it takes an hour. I'm in for tire swap and brakes service Dec. 2nd so I'll get it done then.

navguy12 likes this.
  11. I did my recall last thursday, everything went pretty smoothly, did some fast charging on a trip on the weekend. The battery waiting check kicked in at exactly 90% and took 5-10 min (wasn't timing it or paying attention).

Range is about the same as before the update, but I can't give super concrete numbers since I went on a long trip after driving at 110km/h which is a lot higher than my usual 50-80 kph, so the GOM changed anyway.

My car also has a motor swap booked in for next moday because of the clicking noise issue, so my efficiency isn't the greatest right now, but it seemed unchanged.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Had my recall service done today. Dropped it off at 9am and picked up early afternoon, around 3pm. My invoice states that they only uploaded two modules as others had been done previously. I tried to get the service tech to explain in detail the service but he rushed me along. Plan on calling back tomorrow morning for a better explanation.

One aside, asked about winter tires for my car and he said it wasn’t needed as they come with all seasons. I said I had thought they were low resistance tires and may not be good for winter. I think he may have confused as gasoline Kona equipment with electric.

navguy12 likes this.
  14. Check out the text under "Notice".

upload_2020-11-10_15-34-31.png

15. Murry

Murry Member

10 minute pause at 90% just as expected. Not really changing my daily experience but it’s still not pleasant knowing your car is performing worse than it did when you bought it.

652D103E-96AD-4458-A1D2-3DBAB59C51F8.jpeg D79BBBEA-E934-4828-A855-3EA135505134.jpeg

Iliya likes this.
  16. That's really interesting. Mine doesn't stop at 80% or 90%. I'm wondering if they really did the job....
    Yeah, it's not what you paid for.

17. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

So far, I have charged past 90% a few times and I only had a charging rate drop and it was around 82% and not at 90%.
    Today I charged again on a 50kw charger from 21% to 90% with no pause.. Charged perfectly fine.. My range is back up to around 250 miles at 80% after building the new driving history... Kona still has impressive range..

Joev and syntaxfx like this.
  18. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Did a recharge from 25% to 90%, and it paused again. If I am just charging at home on L2. I barely notice. On DCFC, I would never charge that high.

Fastnf and BC-Doc like this.