National Drive Electric Week

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by 1st-KonaEV-in-FL, Sep 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. National Drive Electric Week
    Thanks to the pandemic, (not a phrase I write often) this year's National Drive Electric Week is going to be available online. There will be more than 100 free online events.
    These 3 seem to be especially interesting for our group, but I'm sure there are more:
    EVs and Solar: Driving on Sunshine Sep 29, 2020, 12:00pmET - 1:00pmET
    We hear everyday about EV owners who decide to go solar, and solar homeowners who decide it's time to drive electric. These two technologies just go hand in hand! Join us to hear how you can power up your EV using just the sun's rays.
    Live Vehicle-to-Home Demo: EVs Future with Solar Oct 03, 2020, 4:30 - 6:30 pm PT
    A panel will address the integration of EVs, solar and the grid. Session will include a live demo of how to power a portion of a house with vehicle-to-home by long time EV expert and advocate Will Beckett using his Chevy Bolt. Other panelists include Vehicle to Grid Pioneer Tom Gage and solar professional Michael Mora.
    Electric Cars and Vehicle to Grid Technology Sep 28, 2020, 10:00am
    Thanks to the pandemic, (not a phrase I write often) this year's National Drive Electric Week is going to be available online. There will be more than 100 free online events.
    These 3 seem to be especially interesting for our Solar United Neighbors community, but I'm sure there are more:
    EVs and Solar: Driving on Sunshine Sep 29, 2020, 12:00pmET - 1:00pmET
    We hear everyday about EV owners who decide to go solar, and solar homeowners who decide it's time to drive electric. These two technologies just go hand in hand! Join us to hear how you can power up your EV using just the sun's rays.
    Live Vehicle-to-Home Demo: EVs Future with Solar Oct 03, 2020, 4:30 - 6:30 pm PT
    A panel will address the integration of EVs, solar and the grid. Session will include a live demo of how to power a portion of a house with vehicle-to-home by long time EV expert and advocate Will Beckett using his Chevy Bolt. Other panelists include Vehicle to Grid Pioneer Tom Gage and solar professional Michael Mora.
    Electric Cars and Vehicle to Grid Technology Sep 28, 2020, 10:00am ET - 11:00am ET
    We'll hear from industry experts about the state of this technology, and how vehicle to grid systems empower EV owners to support a more resilient and renewable energy based power grid.
    See below for more info about the events.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drive Electric Week Kick-off Event
    Thurs, Sept 24 at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT

Join us for a preview of National Drive Electric Week, plus special guests Bill Nye the Science Guy, NPR's Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! host Peter Sagal, race car driver and environmental activist Leilani Münter, and hip hop artist Warren Dickson with 3rd Rock Hip Hop!

RSVP today!
    More than 100 online EV events
    September 26–October 4

This year's National Drive Electric Week will include more than 100 free online events, including:

• New EVs - First Look
    • Is a Used EV Right For You?
    • How to Keep Your EV in Top Shape
    • An EVening of Electric Classic Cars
    • EV Trivia Happy Hour
    • EV Speed Dating
    • and many more!
    Plus, in some areas, in-person events will be held outdoors with social distancing and strict safety precautions.

View all online events
    Search local online and in-person events
    [​IMG]

National Drive Electric Week is presented by Plug In America, Sierra Club, and Electric Auto Association.

Nissan LEAF is the exclusive automotive sponsor of National Drive Electric Week.

[​IMG]

Silver Level Sponsors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

California Silver Level Sponsor

[​IMG]

Green Level Sponsor

EVgo

Contact Us
    Plug In America
    6380 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 1000
    Los Angeles, California 90048
    (323) 372-1236
    [email protected]

Fastnf likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

As mentioned in the general forum, https://driveelectricweek.org/events-list is the full
    list, but it seems to be a bit of a hodgepodge in no particular order and a lot of the
    event listings don't have any usable participation info. That might change? The
    "registration" process is cumbersome. PIA really needs to think this through better.

_H*

1st-KonaEV-in-FL likes this.
  4. Yes, also difficult to have something like this only virtually, due to current situation. Better than nothing, I signed up for 3 or 4 events, interesting to see ev profiles, mostly Tesla of course.

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Resurrecting this thread for the purpose. Here we are a year later, and despite Delta/Mu/Martian/whatever
    variants and anti-vax religious wingnuts, NDEW is largely back in real-life again! The PIA website is still a
    stupid horror show, but I've managed to directly contact some local organizers and arrange active participation.

I'll be at the Ashland MA car show this weekend to kick it off, and then the big "Lowell Drives Electric" riverside
    event on the 25th, and something still to be determined on Oct 2. Bringing my scary charging widgets and
    geeky documentation to support display-mode. Might throw the scooter in and bring it along, as it's an EV too.

_H*