144 mile range

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Matt Shumaker, Jun 28, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

30 (I know it's not quite that, but it comes out in the wash since you used that value to calculate your efficiency) kWh x 3.7 mi/kWh = 111 miles, even at 70-80 mph with AC on...noice!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

Yeah it was pretty solid for how I was driving. I remember when charging after a couple of the high-speed stretches it was showing a range of around 96 miles, which matches my dashboard observation of getting around 3.2mi/kWh at 75mph. Things get a little scary if you hit a headwind at that speed, the range meter starts dropping like a rock. But it still feels planted and there's not too much road noise.

Toi likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks for the warning to get the Electrify America app. I'll do just that even though trips out of town will be quite rare for my SE. I just received the little ChargePoint RFID card for their charging stations.

MINI claims the CATL battery in the SE is less prone to cold-weather range-reduction than the Samsung battery in the i3.

I believe that some of that improvement could be attributed to the different battery form factors. The i3's battery is a flat slab mounted beneath the body so it has a greater radiating surface through which heat could be lost. In contrast, much of the SE's T-shaped battery extends into the cabin. So not only does the SE's battery present less surface area to the cold environment under the car, but it also takes advantage of the warmer interior of the cabin.

[​IMG]

5. Luis Abreu

Luis Abreu Member

After 6000km, I'm still getting the 160-170km range (slight variations). I haven't run it to 0, but I've driven at least 158kms ending with about 29% (from 95%), meaning it would do more than 200kms...however, charging it to 100% won't change the range (it always shows the initial conservative estimate around 170km range)...

insightman, idrw, Toi and 1 other person like this.