Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

Is this price with college or military incentives?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. So I went the dealer and it was a total waste of my time. The dealer, University Honda in Davis, CA, tried to bait and switch me into a base model when I told him previously I was only interested in a Touring. I wish I had checked dealerrater.com first as it would have saved me half a day of my time on a holiday weekend. See the lousy review I left and also the two preceding ones from earlier this year at https://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/University-Honda-review-28068/ .

4. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It might be for the best, I’m waiting for the incentives to get better later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

No it isn't............I don't qualify for any of those.
    This price is their e-price but then you have to negotiate the dealer add ons, which wasn't too difficult. In my case I actually ended up with a lower price and a couple of dealer added packages for free.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

So sorry to hear that this happened. Hope you find your Clarity soon

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

Terrific! Can you PM me the contact?

9. anne_g

anne_g New Member

Just bought a used 2018 touring model Clarity from Carvana. I’m in North Carolina and it’s really hard to find a Clarity. I’ve only seen one other clarity in my town. Steel metallic gray with black interior, 17,050 miles. Built in 2018 but first purchase not until March 2019. Total including title and tax (No dealer fee with Carvana) $24,804. It came with the Honda all weather mats for the front. Just a few little dings in the paint, otherwise it looks perfect to me. Had it checked at the Honda place today and they said it was in great shape. Body plugs in place. I was a little worried about buying from Carvana, there are so many bad reviews online. But the whole process was completely smooth and perfect, the way that they said it would be. Maybe I just got lucky. I absolutely love the way it drives. Looking forward to all of the savings compared to my 2010 odyssey! Thanks for this great resource.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The hope is that the Honda dealer who had that Clarity on their lot for so long kept the battery charged. That said, I don't remember anyone claiming their dealer-untended Clarity PHEVs has exhibited battery degradation due to being left uncharged. Perhaps others on this forum have a better memory than me about this possibility. Did the check-up include a battery-capacity test? That's the best way to get an idea about the health of the battery.

If you're seeing 40-47 EV miles on the range guess-o-meter after a full charge, your battery capacity is probably OK. Note that if most of your driving is at 70-80 mph on the expressway, the guess-o-meter will be at the low-end of that range. Enjoy your Clarity!

11. anne_g

anne_g New Member

After a full night of charging, it showed 50 miles on the guess-O-meter this morning. I love this car!

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

Hi EV4Me - I was not successful matching this, the best offer was $30,085 OTD (out-of-state, so no TTL paid in CA) for 2019 silver touring. I got a 2019 White touring with 76 miles on it from another CA dealer for $29,530 OTD (I'll pay TTL in NC). I'm waiting for a transporter (~1200$) to schedule a pick up and bring it to NC, so another 7 - 10 days wait to get the car.
    The dealer I got the car from has one more 2019 silver touring for $8000 off. Anyone outside CA, let me know if interested!!
    I had 10 kWp solar installed in Aug and will use this car as work commuter..... $$$ savings!!
    This forum has been very useful! Thanks all!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    insightman likes this.
  14. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

Sorry to hear that.
    So, they wanted $30,085 for their e-priced $28,510? Was this because of the dealer add ons or the handling of the out of state factor (not the transport)?
    On a good note, at least you got the color you wanted even if it cost a bit more.
    Enjoy the Clarity, you should be very happy with it overall.

15. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

Thanks! Yes I'm happy with the white/beige. Also got a 64xx vin compared to 35xx vin FWIW....
    Probably add-on and out of state factored in to the price as well as processing fee (which I understand is 85$).

16. EV4Me

EV4Me Member

I won't be giving out Darren's number anymore I guess, since he didn't get back to you.
    Also, what is the 64xx vs 35xx vin issue??
    Interestingly the 2019 Base that I sold last month had a 64xx vin and my New 2019 Touring has a 35xx vin.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  17. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

Darren might still be able to help CA residents.
    No issues with VIN! The 64xx was a Jan 2020 delivery and the 35xx is an Aug 2019 delivery, I believe.

18. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

I'm not sure there is much difference other than the vehicle sitting on the lot for a few more months. I found the info here. https://www.vehiclehistory.com/

EV4Me likes this.
  19. S L .

S L . Active Member

2020 base in los angeles area for $26,726. $30,000 out the door.

20. soobaerodude

soobaerodude New Member

Which dealership?

21. S L .

S L . Active Member

Diamond honda, let me know if you want the sales person and contact info.

22. S L .

S L . Active Member

I looked up my vin and it shows me 1 date only 8/29/2020. Is that the date the dealer got the car?

[​IMG]

23. Brat7705

Brat7705 New Member

I believe that is true. Either that or the day the sales department listed it.....