Turning off steering assist when using cruise control

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Eric1, Sep 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Eric1

Eric1 New Member

Does anyone know how to disengage the steering assist when cruise control is being used?

Much appreciated.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Lane Keep Assist can be turned off. It is one of the buttons to the left of the steering wheel (US 2019 model). The button has a graphic on it that looks like a car with lane lines on each side.

4. Eric1

Eric1 New Member

Found it within the menu found on the steering wheel. Manuals work if you know what you're looking for

Paul-ATL likes this.
  5. Re-reading this post... I have not actually tried to turn it off while cruise control is on... when I have cruise control on, I'm usually going fast enough that I don't want to shift my gaze down there.

If you hit the button while cruise control is active, maybe it won't turn off... worth a check.

Greg

6. Paul-ATL

Paul-ATL New Member

Most of us are here to be helpful and make some effort to be kind as well. Don’t let it get to you.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. That is true, but it does behoove people to check the manual first, and make some personal effort.

I'm on a lot of forums, this is a balance, I like helping people when I can, but when someone does not even do basic research on a question, there are times I don't help, honestly.

I know the manual is big, but it does have a table of contents, and it does have an index.

Greg