Moonlit Forest Pearl paint option gone for 2021

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Nemesis, Aug 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

Honda's website shows the 2021 Clarity Plug In Hybrid with only 5 paint options this year - no Moonlit Forest Pearl.

However, doesn't appear anything else changed as expected and reported on this forum.
    Cheers.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Great. So I can't drive my Clarity PHEV anymore because now it's an irreplaceable classic.

leehinde and Pooky like this.
  4. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Always get positive comments on the color. Shame Honda did away with it.

5. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

My favorite also but I bought what the dealer had at the time so I have silver. Not a big deal to me because I don't see it - I see the interior which I love black...

6. Heck, it was the default color in brochures, dealer thumbnails, etc.

Interesting to see the 2021 appear on their website when the 2020 didn't appear till mid-January.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Too bad. Lovely color. My wife was inclined toward the green, but we ended up getting the Metalic.

9. Pooky

Pooky Active Member

Oh, stop! Now I'm going to fret over every minor scuff... :eek:
    Good thing I still have my paint pen.

10. insightman

I had my dealer put our Clarity in the showroom for a week after it arrived in the first week of November, 2017. I wanted to visit it there a couple of times. In my wide-angle avatar photo to the left you can the showroom lights reflected in the hood and windshield. Seeing our new car in the showroom made for a more complete car-buying experience IMO.

When I came to take our Clarity home at the end of the week, I asked my salesman if the Clarity attracted a lot of interest, leading to more Clarity sales. He replied that hardly anybody asked about the car, but lots of people wanted to order the Moonlit Forest Pearl paint on their Accords and Civics.

Perhaps Honda discontinued Moonlit Forest Pearl because it isn't shared with any other model and not many Clarity buyers ordered it. I think they missed the boat and should have offered it on other models instead of doing away with this subtle, interesting color completely.

Honda called Moonlit Forest Pearl the "hero" color for the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. So we have lost a hero.

11. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

Green shades became popular a couple of years ago, so many manufacturers introduced them on their new models. But they didn't sell in large numbers, so now they are dropping them. I think the only ones that sell well are Jeeps and Subaru Outback.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Our daughter loves all things green. While she was at MSU I was actually able to get her a dark green Dell laptop computer. Her Moonlit Forest Pearl Clarity is her third consecutive green car.

14. We have a Moonlit Forest Green Clarity. It was my wife’s choice. I’m red/green “colorblind”, but can clearly see red vs green when they’re bright enough. But muted as they are on the Clarity, they’re not very impressive to my eye - I prefer “jelly bean” reds and greens that really stand out. Same was true with the “British Racing Green” my ex-wife loved, which was kinda meh for me.

As an aside, twice recently our car was identified as blue - once by a neighbor and once in the service lane of the Honda dealer. The nature of the ambient lighting really seems to alter the perception of the color.

15. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

This is certainly true...
    We were originally aiming for Moonlit Forest.
    Don't shoot me, but when we looked at it (car was outside at the time), it almost seemed black.

We wound up with the Crimson Pearl - shows the dirt too well, and others have indicated small scratches show pretty badly.

I guess there is a reason that a vast majority of cars are just the blah silver / gray.
    They probably hide dirt better, and maybe absorb less heat in the sun. We wanted something that stood out (at least a little).

16. I washed ours this morning.

[​IMG]

To my eye, not far from black - and about as hard to keep clean as black.

I actually find the white most striking - a lá Imperial Stormtrooper!

17. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Maybe they are simplifying the lineup due to low sales?

I held out for green until I could find one (only 1/88 made were green). Love the color and interior combo. Agreed with others here that it seems to attract dirt.

18. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Green was the color I intended to buy when I went it. When we went back on the lot they were _all_ dusty and the red one looked better dusty. Knowing my fondness for keeping the car clean was non-existent, I went with Red. :) And, as it turns out, I've kept it cleaner than any care before.

19. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I had promised myself never to get another white car. Until I saw the Clarity. Had to have it and that's exactly what the first impression I had of it. Stormtrooper...

20. I also like the way white, and to a lesser extent silver, accentuate the fender skirts. Which I think are distinctive and a vestigial homage to both the original Insight and, preceding that, various Citroens.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    insightman likes this.
  21. insightman

I have the spectacularly subtle Moonlit Forest Pearl paint, but it doesn't show off the rear fender detail very well. So I asked our missing pal, @KentuckyKen [come back, please, Ken!] to take a photo of his rear fender so I could put this graphic on the back of the T-shirt I made:

upload_2020-8-10_8-49-54.png